“The Perfect Hotel for the Perfect Wedding”

The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club
Ranked #6 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Abington, Massachusetts
“The Perfect Hotel for the Perfect Wedding”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

This hotel is perfect for a large group traveling together! The best feature of the hotel was that there is plenty of large spaces for you and anyone traveling with to hang out and socialize besides the meeting/function space. They had a great porch that had tables and chairs with waitress service. The other amazing feature was the hotel is in a great area of St. Pete for walking around. Within walking distance to the hotel were parks, museums and great restaurants. We did not have a bad meal during the entire 4 nights we stayed at the Vinoy. This includes the fabulous breakfast at the hotel.
The rooms are clean and very spacious. I called the hotel for a connecting room to my mother in law and it was given to us no questions asked. The hotel staff was extremely attentive from the room staff to the wait staff in the hotel restaurants.
The only reason this hotel doesn't get a 5 star for me is the pool area needs some updating and i didn't like that the hotel was not on a beach (but that's not there fault).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank lilbeachmama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (526)
  • Turkish first
Apopka, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2011

We stayed at the Vinoy for a convention I had, then stayed a couple of extra days. As it was 4-5 years ago when we were there, the Vinoy was, once again, a great place to stay. The room was fine and everything was as expected at such a place as the Vinoy. One thing I wish they had was some shade in the pool area. They have the typical umbrellas mixed in with the chaise lounges, but when in the water, there is no area to grab some shade, which I like to do many times. It's a minor detail, but one worth mentioning. I also appreciate the flat-screen TV in the room with actual HD programming.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

This hotel was fantastic.

Location, service, quality, value...everything you want in a historic hotel.

My coworkers insist this 1925 hotel is haunted, particularly the fifth floor. Thankfully the spirits didn't bother me during my stay.

Service was great all around, from valets to front desk staff to concierge and housekeeping.

Only negative was the Inncom thermostat that was set to the mid 70s when I checked in, but I was able to bypass it and get the room nice and cold.

Oddly the elevators are super small, and sometimes require you to wait extended periods of time to get in.

The neighborhood is great offering plenty of restaurants, shops and a museum.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank IntegrityTravel
St. Petersburg, Florida, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2011

Reeking in Old World elegance, this is one beautiful property.
The view of the water coupled with easy access by foot to downtown museums and a variety of restaurants make this an ideal location.
The har-tru tennis courts are in excellent shape and the gym is decent.
The restaurants are outstanding-
try the fish especially the Grouper, it is as fresh as it comes and delicious!

Room Tip: ask for a water view!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank habanadaydreamin
Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2011

I think this hotel is beautiful, I love the hotel's history, the grounds, the location, the pool and the restaurants. The reason for the average rating was our room. It was very large and the beds were comfortable. However, it was not as clean as I expected it to be. The bathroom smelled terrible, as if it had been recently painted. The bathroom floor and the shower just weren't as clean as they should have been. Additionally, the bedskirt on one of the beds was filthy.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank MeganFlorida
Cartersville, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2011

Our check-in was uneventful and easy. Everyone was very friendly. The valet gave us the option to self park. Most appreciated because I like being in control of when I need my car...I come and go a lot while on vacation!
Our room had absolutely no view, but I didn't go there for the view. I wanted to rest and relax. The room was very big, beautiful and really clean. Aveda bath products and plenty of soft towels.
We were offered two newspapers each morning, but neglected to get either our first morning there. I'm not much of a whiner, so I went by the front desk as we left for coffee and gave them a heads up...we had our papers at the door the next morning! :)
The food at Marchand's was excellent! We had Barbecue Pork Sliders and Grouper Sliders.
I highly recommend staying here if you want to be in the middle of everything St. Petersburg has to offer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nevrstp247
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for one night for a semi-local getaway. We were greeted enthusiastically with delicious chocolate chip cookies, which is always a win for me!
The rooms are small because of the age of the hotel bit they're fine for a short stay. The view of the pool and the bay were gorgeous!
I was a little disappointed that the shower tiles were a moldy. I know that's a minor thing but for the expense of this hotel it should be spotless, in my opinion.
The spa services were great and people were friendly. They do a lot of events at this resort so it was SUPER busy, although it was very quiet and peaceful in the room.
Overall, a great little getaway in a perfect location!

• Stayed May 2011
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,291 reviews
Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park
Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown
Staybridge Suites St. Petersburg Downtown

Been to The Vinoy Renaissance St. Petersburg Resort & Golf Club? Share your experiences!