“Impressed”

Days Inn ST. Petersburg Central
Ranked #24 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed January 7, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for the first time last week and we were impressed. Days Inns are not high dollar motels and you don't expect any extras. However you do hope that the room is clean and comfortable and safe. This room far exceeded those qualifications. We enjoyed a room with a stove and fridge, microwave in a location that was perfect for the beach and shopping. The pool was nice and clean and they heat it upon request. The hot tube was hot and comforting. The staff was wonderful. The maids were always wanting to do more cleaning than we felt we needed (changing sheets daily). The internet connection was the best I had ever experienced in a hotel of this kind.
The couple managing are so kind and interested in your needs. You will read some reviews that are bad but since they took over management 14 months ago things have changed. They are nearly finished upgrading the rooms, have taken down trees and the place looks good. The only negative is that it is a small motel with limited parking. If you come in late at night you will have to park on the side which is a little inconvenient.

We had never stayed here before but will in the future thanks to all those that made a stay so nice. We are already looking forward to our next stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dic1000

Reviewed December 14, 2010

I stayed there for 2 nights and the staff is wonderful and helped us with everything we needed. The rooms are amazingly big with new comfortable bed. The rooms are extremely clean and the property was absolutely positively tidy with no debris on the ground. Pool and spa was a joy for us and we enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed: December 2010
1  Thank vinal0117
Reviewed November 5, 2010

I highly recommend this motel for the people who would like a calm and peaceful stay. I loved my stay because everything was perfect. The manager was extremely nice and helpful. I asked for help on the phone and the Manager helped me more that I needed. The room was vast and very clean. The parking lot was very Clean and there was not a single piece of litter on the parking lot floor.I would definitely stay here again if wanted too.

• Stayed: November 2010
1  Thank Tigjgj
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Booked this hotel because of price, when we arrived I was very nervous about the area, not the best, but we didn't have any problems. Check in was easy, breakfast was limited in its choices. Room was clean, no air vent in the bathroom, room was hot when we came in but cooled down soon after. No iron or ironing board, you have to ask for one, toilet paper was running low, but we received more.

Not too bad of a stay if you just want to sleep.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Yes, this is an older, inexpensive motel, on a busy main road in a non-tourist area of the city, and yes, it's probably not a good idea to wander around the nearby streets late at night, and yes, it's a little tired looking and dated both inside and out, but . . . it's far from the pit some would have you believe. I've stayed here several times for 5-day business trips over the last four years, and have been very satisfied.

Despite some other reviews, I've never found dirty linen upon arrival. Never have been bit by a bedbug or contracted any rash. Never had the pool water destroy my jewelry. I've also never encountered a single homeless person begging on the grounds, and I've never seen a drug dealers at the motel, much less been approached by one.

What I have encountered are a number of European tourists and older American couples who have been coming here for many years for long-term vacation stays (up to several months at a time in some cases). While I wouldn't choose this motel for a vacation or leisure stay, they do, and when you talk to them, they aren't shy about telling you that they love the place.

From my personal experience, I've found the owners and staff to be courteous and helpful. There is ample parking, but from some spots you may have to lug your bags a ways to your room. Some rooms are quite large, but they are still cheap; I've stayed in a big room with full kitchen and wireless internet for $55/night. The beds are comfortable. AC has always worked fine. Housekeeping has always been adequate. The pool is great.

Certainly there are no frills here, but If you don't expect a three-star hotel, you should be satisfied. For a vacation trip, I'd rather spend two to three times as much and stay at a nice place on the beach, but for a business trip or quick one-night stop, it's just fine. All in all, I think it is a very good value for the cost.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank readem
Reviewed June 23, 2010

This is the feedback I sent to Days Inn corporate office and have not received a response in 48 hours.

My wife and I along with our 17 year old son stopped at this hotel due to the good reputation of Days Inn and past experience with your hotels. We were extremely dissapointed with our stay, to the point that we will probably not consider staying at your facilities in the future. Upon entering the room the first things we noticed were a hole in the wall, chewing gum stuck to the headboard, and a heavy smell of cigarette smoke in the non-smoking room. After we removed the gum, we found that the room we had rented for 3 adults had only 1 bath towel. We went to the front desk and after the clerk feigned suprise at being informed that the room only had 1 towel, she gave us 2 more. After a short period of unpacking and rest, we went out to sightsee and have dinner. Upon returning later in the evening we discovered that the air conditioning for the room which we had left on the maximum cooling setting would barely cool the room to a tolerable level, not what we would consider comfortable. In fact, when one would stand up in the room, you could feel several degrees teperature difference from the top half of the room and the bed level. Because we had already unpacked before going out it seemed too much trouble to request a different room. Later, in the middle of the night, my wife discovered that the room had been left with only a small part of a roll of toilet tissue and no spare roll. After using tissue from our travel kit, she informed me that the toilet would not stop flushing. When I looked into the tank of the toilet, I could see that the flapper valve was very deteriorated and it appeared that temporary repairs had been attemped recently.

I truly feel that we are more than tolerant of minor imperfections, but given that we find a room with gum on the headboard, a hole in the wall, heavy smell of smoke in a non-smoking room, only 1 towel for 3 guests, insufficient climate control, almost no toilet tissue, and and malfunctioning plumbing, I do not feel I am overreacting to say I would be extremely hesitant to consider booking lodging with your company in the future.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank aephilli822
Reviewed April 3, 2010

I just returned after staying a week at this Days Inn. Traveling alone I felt safe at the hotel and walking in the neighborhood during the daylight hours. A new owner just took over in October and he & his family are working very hard to update & improve the whole facility. I spoke with a couple that have been going there for 10 yrs and usually stay for 6 wks at a time. The price was excellent for the week and I don't have any complaints about the accomodations.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo