“Looking for a nice clean place? Don't stop here!”

Days Inn ST. Petersburg Central
Ranked #22 of 41 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Stansbury Park, Utah
“Looking for a nice clean place? Don't stop here!”
Reviewed December 13, 2013

I booked my stay at the motel based on previous comments. What were people thinking?? Our room was filthy. The carpet looked and smelled like it hadn't been cleaned in years. We couldn't walk barefoot on it without our feet turning black! I wish now that I had taken pictures of what our feet looked like. It was dark inside the rooms even with the lamps turned on because of the amount of dust caked on the lamp shades. The maids during the week were very friendly-but didn't speak any ENGLISH! I don't speak any Spanish! so it was very difficult to ask for anything, or to let them know that we needed something. We were sitting by the pool visiting and someone from the front office came to our room didn't even knock on our door and inserting key to open the door and walked right in! We sat there with our mouths open in shock! Then jump up and shouted excuse me, what are you doing??? They were just as shocked to find out that we were sitting right there watching them!! DON'T LEAVE VALUABLES IN YOUR ROOMS!

Room Tip: Hot Tub doesn't work most of the time. Was there for 7 nights only worked 2 nights..Unable to m...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank frenchlk
joeblogs_11, Manager at Days Inn ST. Petersburg Central, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We have made many new changes and upgrades to our propery. We value input to help us focus our ongoing efforts to provide a Excellent experience.
Sincerely, The Staff At Days Inn Central

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Madison Heights
Reviewed December 10, 2013

The overall appearance of the hotel is not bad. My room at first glance seemed ok. A closer look revealed a not very well cleaned room. Used personal items from the previous patron still there on the floor. I alerted the front desk. After i returned several hours later I was told the room was cleaned, it wasnt much better than it was before i left. If you are single and just need a place to stay I guess its ok. But I would never take my family there.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your comments. We have made many new changes and upgrades to our property, all comments help in focusing on areas to channel our energies.
Sincerely, The Staff At Days Inn Central

Travelers are raving about these St. Petersburg hotels

St Pete
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Rooms are ok. But they try and charge you extra for things and don't give late checkouts and in fact call and bang on the door and enter the room prior to checkout like an hour before each time. Very rude, do not stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Adam M
Thank you for your comments. We regret you had less than an excellent experience. We continue to strive to improve and focus on areas where improvement is needed.
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I'm normally on top of things. This time, I'm let someone else pick. And they did NOT do their hw. This place is awful! The one bright side is that, the outside of the place looks clean or newly painted/landscaped. That's it.

Now, this is not a vacation destination by any means. We booked to be near the Tropicana Dome for an event in which our son was performing. We walked to our room where we saw people just hanging out all over the place... I mean, hanging out, drinking, and smoking cigarettes directly in front of our door! This was not the fun kind of hanging out. It was the scary kind. It felt like more like a long-term low-rent motel / hangout. Looks like some people might actually live here. Somewhere a loud radio is playing. When we called the office and told them we just checked in and are disturbed by the noise, they'd didn't even know what room number we were calling from. Said they'd walk around and check it out. Not!

The room was smelly and dank. There were lots of in-room noises - toilet, creaking, A/C. So unhappy here.

The people who work there are careless. When my husband went in to check-in, they were cooking a curry dish for dinner in their apartment which connects to the front office. They were unresponsive to our needs and lax. For some reason, they start breakfast at 7 am, which is later than any other place I've been to. The breakfast is a joke. Just some sad-looking bagels. And they won't let you take any of the food outside of the office!! Whaaat? We had to run and eat to make it to our destination on time. Being that they open late for breakfast, we needed to go. Nope! They were rude about it. They wanted us to stand there and eat our bagels in the office or leave them. We had already packed them up to go and had to put them back. Someone else ate our sad, little bagels.

We had a two night non-refundable for $150. That's a total rip-off for this place!! (Again, not on my watch.). After the first night, I went to the front and told them that I was checking out because we are dissatisfied. He shrugged and told me that they charged me the full amount. That was Joseph. He didn't even bother to ask what the problems were or try to fix them. NO ONE CARES!!! Not even Days Inn customer service!

The other excellent reviews here are very hard to believe. So don't.

Stayed November 2013
3 Thank VJoi
Thank you for your comments. They serve to guide us in our efforts to improve. We are working hard to address the issues that caused you to have less than a excellent experience.
Nashville
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I stay at the Days Inn in St. Petersburg once every two weeks! Enjoy the "smoking" room, the quiet environment and amenities! See you again in two weeks!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for your comments. they serve to reflect how we are doing and where we may need to focus in future.