Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana
$177
$103
Hollander Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$109
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We recently had 13 displaced families that needed a place to stay as they had just lost almost everything. One call to this hotel and Matt was on it. I have to say that he was exceptionally accomodating and so very patient with not only me but every family that we placed there. It was a Saturday night and he dealt with our situation as well as the other guests that were checking in, in the most professional and pleasant manor. He will certainly go above and beyond what I am sure is the norm for a person working at a hotel. So much so that we are placing residents there again tonight. I have personally used this hotel in the past and stopped because of the management however we will definitely be using this hotel in the future for not only our residents but personal use as well. Thank you Matt for your help and Jeremy for being so accomodating!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
KnightsInn54, General Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Hi Helen -

Thank you so much for taking the time to place this great review! I am sorry you had an unfortunate experience with management in the past but rest assured I am the new GM and have brought on new caring and accommodating staff. I have already posted your review on our wall for all employees to see and have applauded Matt on his performance. We look forward to your continued patronage.

Don't forget to like us at Facebook.com/Knightsinn54

Regards -

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel in August, the staff was nice and friendly, the hotel was a good value for money, it was clean and safe with no thrills. If you are looking for a clean & safe place and are on a budget this is your place. The pool area was nice and is located in the middle of the hotel!!! Great place to crash if your watching the Rays!

Room Tip: Stay near the pool
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank tony s
KnightsInn54, General Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Hi Tony!

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for taking the time out of your day to share your positive experience here at Knights Inn Tropicana St. Petersburg! I agree we provide a GREAT VALUE and thank you for recognizing the friendliness of our staff!! We hope that the next time you want to catch some rays at the pool & Rays at the Trop you stay with us here at Knights Inn!

Don't forget to LIKE US @ Facebook.com/Knightsinn54

Reviewed September 24, 2013

If I had not stayed at this Knights Inn several times before over the years (since back when it was Days Inn) I probably wouldn't have stayed there now because of the number of negative reviews. I don't understand all of the negative comments. It is an older motel so things are a little "worn" and a review I read somewhere complained because they don't have flat screen TVs! So what? The rooms are clean, have microwaves, refrigerators and coffee makers and have TVs that work just fine! It is only a few minutes drive to Tropicana Field (although of course you want to leave early if you're going to a game!) If you want a fancy room, particularly one close to the Trop you will have to pay a lot more. But if you want a reasonably priced, clean room with the above amenities, close to Tropicana Field, this is a fine place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank visitor1030
Anita I, General Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Thank you for taking time out of your day to share your experience and opinion of our hotel. Here at Knights Inn we provide clean comfortable accommodations with a friendly and knowledgeable staff. As you pointed out the prices are good, I think they are down right unbeatable especially when you take into consideration our location and the fact that we do have free WIFI and a huge pool! Thank you again for your review and we hope you continue to stay with us here when visiting St. Petersburg.

Don't forget to like us at Facebook.com/KnightsInn54

GM

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Don’t go over negative comments posted here. Some people expect it to be like Hilton standards and also want to pay the cheapest price. When I am on vacation or when I take breaks while travelling across states, all I look for is clean and affordable room – but that’s just me as I want the room only to sleep and shower. But if you are looking for something affordable and clean room – IT’S THE RIGHT PLACE TO BE. The rooms don’t have the latest style of furniture but it is absolutely clean. The front desk and housekeeping staff is accommodating too, asked for few directions and the desk clerk Anita printed it right away. They also have a big pool and ample parking place. I would definitely recommend this place to my family and friends.

Room Tip: Clean rooms and very helpful staff. “Treat others the way you want to be treated”. There is not fitness room, just for others to know.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Roland R
Anita I, General Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Hi Roland -

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience and for highlighting some of the bright spots of your stay! I completely agree we do provice a "Great Value at a Great Price" and we are "Clean, Affordable and Accommodating." I will be sure to share this review with Amita and the rest of the staff to encourage them to keep up the strong work. As you mentioned we have plenty of parking and a huge pool and don't forget FREE WIFI. Please continue to tell your friends and family about us and like us at Facebook.com/KnightsInn54.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

First off, I had made the mistake of reserving a smoking room when making the reservation. Upon arrival I told the desk clerk my error, "No problem," she cheerfully said. Once in the immaculate room, I made a beeline for the bathroom, I'm too old to wait so long. :) The toilet wouldn't flush so I called Anita, the desk clerk, she told me to come back to the desk and she would give me a new room, which she did. The service here couldn't have been better. I noticed that the rooms on either side and above me were occupied which worried me since reading on this site that the walls are paper thin. I was pleasantly surprised when I heard nothing! The pool was bigger than most and the pool area was also immaculate. The complimentary breakfast included fresh coffee, orange juice, apple juice, a wide variety of freshly made donuts, cereal, and homemade waffles. Free Stuff, what more do you want? I don't understand what anyone is complaining about! Before we left, Anita overheard me say I needed to call a taxi, and she asked if I'd like her to call for me. I said yes and thanked her. I told her that as soon as I get home, I would write this review, and now I am done. Hope you see this Anita, we had a wonderful time, oh and by the way, She passed her exam :) She has one left to take next year, and we will definitely be back then.

Room Tip: If you have a problem with the staff of this establishment, you may want to check yourself.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank GrandmaKat62
Anita I, General Manager at Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Thank you Grandmakat62 for this great review! I will be sure to share with our staff! Our property is quite the value and much nicer than you may think at first glance. Unfortunately sometimes only the unhappy customers take the time to write a review. I know for a fact that we have a high majority of satisfied guests and I am glad you held true and wrote about your experience. Our staff is very accommodating and thank you for recognizing that and again thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this review. We look forward to having you back next year. Have a nice day :)