This is my first tripadvisor review. I have used this site to help with booking rooms numerous times over the last few years. I feel like I have an obligation to fellow tripadvisor users to write this as a warning. DO NOT stay at this hotel! The room itself wasn't horrible but, it was far from good. Stains on the carpet, Broken alarm clock, Night stand was falling apart. Room did not appear to have been vacuumed from the lasts guests. Other than that it was alright for a place to sleep at night if you don't plan on spending much time in the room other than that. And if you don't require a comfortable bed. In all fairness my friends also stayed here and were in the room right next to ours and their room appeared to be in much better shape. Now here comes the fun part. This place is filled with people living there full time. These occupants, for the most part, appeared to have major substance abuse problems. People drinking and smoking at the pool that were so blitzed they could barely walk or speak. These were 50 + year old men who were unkempt and homeless looking. There was a hypodermic needle in the parking lot from the time we checked in to the time we checked out. Nobody cared to remove it. On check out day we walked by a little baggy with white residue in it on the ground as we walked to our car. I ran into a co-worker at the gas station in front of this place one night and he asked what I was doing down that way. I told him my family and I were spending the weekend in the area and we were at this Knights Inn. He responded with "Oh you know that's the hooker hotel right?". Really!?!?! No I had no clue or I would never have brought my family there. I learned my lesson good on this trip about trying to save a buck. Next time I will spend the extra 20 to 40 bucks and get a room in an hotel I feel safe in. This is no place for a family. This really is no place for any civilized traveler!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If price and location are your focus, along with free Wi-Fi and pet-friendly accommodations, then the Knights Inn Saint Petersburg is your vacation destination! Conveniently tucked between I-275 and U.S. Hwy 19, Knights Inn couldn't be more centrally located. From here, you can jump on the interstate to downtown (which is only 7 minutes away) and check out everything from the Pier and marina, to the nationally renowned Salvador Dali Museum, go shopping at Bay Walk, catch a show at the Mahaffey Theater or during baseball season, catch a Tampa Bay Rays game at Tropicana Field. Plus you only 15 minute away from some of the most beautiful beaches in the world.A two floor, 134 room hotel centered around a seasonal outdoor pool. The Knights Inn offers comfortably equipped rooms with wireless internet, full cable T.V. with HBO and the convenience of in room coffee makers, safes, microwaves and refrigerators. On site laundry facilities, ice and vending machines. Relax outside in the huge courtyard featuring our spacious pool, outdoor seating and tanning deck. Those traveling with furry companions will be relieved to hear pets are always welcome at the Knights Inn (for an additional fee). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Knights Inn St Petersburg Tropicana Hotel St. Petersburg
- Days Inn St Petersburg
- Days Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Days Inn