“THE CIDER imPRESSive CAFE”

The Cider Press Cafe
Order Online
Ranked #26 of 1,106 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Description: Award winning gourmet plant based cuisine. Everything from comfort food to healthy raw dishes. Most items have gluten free options.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Delish! Crazy good food. Cauliflower bites with buffalo wing sauce and funky feta burger amazing! Great service. Coming back ASAP for the sold-out fried chicken and shrimp. Highly Recommend.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (225)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

ok so, I've gone to cider press a handful of times, and I really love the food but I've had some disappointing customer service--which sadly deters me from coming in as often as I'd like. This Thursday my friends and I came in for dinner and Toma was our server, she was amazing! When we asked for suggestions she guided us in great directions and her knowledge of the menu items really helped me in deciding what I wanted. (and I am incredibly indecisive). I don't even usually write reviews but she really made an impression and was just such a lovely person to interact with. We were all extremely satisfied with our experience and I just wanted her to know that. :) Thank you soo much!

2  Thank EllaMenicucci
Reviewed January 11, 2020 via mobile

Being generous with 2 stars. This was a complete disappointment. Unimaginative, thrown together dishes as if made at home by a bad cook. Several menu items, only offered at dinner, weren’t available at 730pm. Overpriced, as vegan places often are, but so not worth it here. The falafel burger was a -1 star, stiff, cold, flavorless, in an equally flavorless off the shelf bun. The Sheppards pie was school cafeteria quality. The cauliflower bites, soggy and just a handful on a plate with 2 squalid celery ribs. The only thing good was the mojito and a glass of cider. I don’t get the popularity or reviews. I eat vegan and vegetarian often in Miami and other locations, this is memorably one of the worse experiences. I am often a pretty good vegan and vegetarian cook, and there’s no excuse for imaginative, flavorful and colorful dishes with all the resources we have at hand.

Reviewed January 5, 2020

I'm not vegan but I cook/eat lots of vegan food because well, it's healthier, its more carbon footprint conscious, many of my friends/family are vegan, sometimes it is the easiest choice, and I like to mix things up. So I know vegan. This was terrible. From a political standpoint, I do not understand how any processed food is more ethically, environmentally, or nutritionally more sound than other choices. I am pretty sure that there was NOTHING on the menu that didn't have either a processed-pretend cheese or meat. I ordered the Key West. I so rarely put salt on my food in a restaurant that I feel comfortable saying never, but the food at Cider Press would have been completely tasteless without added salt. The black beans in particular tasted watered down. On top of white rice that was also under salted added insult to my injured tastebuds. My dining mates enjoyed the pretend meat burger and chicken sandwiches but agreed that the French fries were a dud. Again, even just a bit more salt would have helped whatever vegetable based oil used to fry. We dined with the same out of town guests the night before and our lunch was almost the same price as dinner at a much nicer Tampa establishment where we also had wine and dessert. Too many choices on Central Avenue to bother to return. Unless you are a die hard vegan who doesn't want your food to touch animal products at all, this place is not worth the money. And if it were, still not sure I'd spend mine on the bland processed choices. Please add at least one salad, one bowl, and one hot entree that does not have processed stuff.

Reviewed December 29, 2019 via mobile

I liked this restaurant so much that I visited twice during my stay! The Pad Thai was made with fresh ingredients and served raw, which I was a little apprehensive about ordering, but it was so good! I also tried the guacamole and homemade sweet potato fries that were thick/steak cut. They do serve the Sangria with cinnamon sprinkled on top, so if you don’t like cinnamon be sure to say something. I wish there was a Cider Press near my house - so good!

Date of visit: December 2019