“A "Relaxing" Afternoon Tea Expereince”
Review of A Corner of England - CLOSED

A Corner of England
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 12, 2012

My daughter and I truly enjoy going together for afternoon tea. Instead of being rushed through our meal and tea, the waitress and owner actually give you time to sit and enjoy yourself. They don't hover or contrantly check in and I appreciate this. Too often we rush through a meal and fail to enjoy the atmosphere and good company. This is an excellent place to do just that.

1  Thank Kara A

Reviewed November 5, 2012

So very, very cool! High tea is served when you arrive. Didn't bring a hat? Not to worry, there is a variety you can choose from should you feel so inclined. Very 'home made' foods ... love those scones! Quite a variety of teas to suit your taste. Lots to look at during your short wait. Time flies in this place yet it is so relaxing you want to linger. Fun parties too for children of all ages!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

I decided to give this place a try despite the many bad reviews here and purchased a Groupon. I made the mistake of presenting it before I ordered, and they shorted me on my order because I wasn’t paying full price. Yet I guarantee if I had presented the Groupon when paying, they would have told me I had to show it before ordering. I ordered the high tea ($17.99), and my tray came with half the items which another poster who also said he ordered high tea, World Traveler Dude, showed in his photos--including half the finger sandwiches and only one *sliver* of quiche, instead of two decent portions like he had. My tray was also two tiers instead of three--half the bottom section of my tray was taken up by jelly and cream for the scone instead of finger sandwiches. I was appalled at the tiny high tea offering even paying half price. I can't imagine if I had spent $17.99.

The tea--which is what this place prides itself upon-- was truly nothing special, and my friend’s tea was served in a pot which dripped boiling hot tea down the spout and burned his hand. The service was also very apathetic and inattentive. Never, never again. It was not worth even the half off Groupon price. The point of advertising on Groupon is to get new customers in, and to get them to like the place so much they become regulars, not to skimp them on half the items they ordered. You’ll save a few bucks, but you’ll lose far more by ensuring the potential repeat customers never return... You can have a better tea party at home.

7  Thank Heresie
Reviewed October 19, 2012

What a sad place and what a shame because we do need an English tea room around here!
I took my English friend along and I was expecting to feel a bit of England but forget about it!
Tea was good but everything else (atmosphere, food, service....) was rock bottom.
Unwelcoming place, no British warmth and kindness whatsoever. I was ashamed I took my English friend there but we always laugh when we remember the experience.
I read somewhere that the first owner was a nice Brit lady but the new owners definitely are not.

6  Thank Mandy L
Reviewed October 14, 2012

I love this little place! I have taken my 5 year old daughter, my 60s mother, and my 80s grandmother here and we ALL love this charming little place. The food is always fresh. The chocolate cake and lemon cake are moist and amazing!! The tea is wonderful and I love treating the special ladies in my life to some special time here. :)