“Loved This Place!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2012

I bought a Groupon for Corner of England and it did not disappoint! It's a little off the beaten path from downtown St. Pete, but well worth the drive. It is the perfect little tea room. Treat your mom or your grandmom to a morning or an afternoon out by taking her to Corner of England. They do little girl parties there too, stocked with little white gloves, feather boas and little bonnets. My mom and I had a pumpkin sausage soup that was absolutely delicious, then we had little tea sandwiches which were equally good. The petite fours and mini pastries were great and to top it off, a warm scone straight from the oven with real english cream served on the side. For the price, you cannot beat this place with a stick! We went back again a few weeks later and will go back again and again.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Four of us went for high tea for my mother's 80th birthday, hoping for a nice ladies' outing. The food was okay and the tea was good, although the lemon cake tasted suspiciously like something you would get from Sara Lee (definitely not fresh or home baked).

The service was terrible. Food service was slow, and we were basically abandoned once the food was delivered. Trying to get the attention of a server was impossible, and no one ever checked on us once the food was delivered. We were left sitting for an hour after we finished our food and tea with no check anywhere in sight. We had to go up to a counter area while someone else who did get a check was there so we could pay. For the cost ($18.00 each), we expected either better food or better service and we got neither.

4  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed July 11, 2012

I love going to High Tea, and have gone many times before. The Tea and food were fine, but for what the High Tea cost, I didn't think it was worth the price. I found the manager to be very unaccomodating. I won't be going back.

2  Thank Shelby1314
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I got a Living Social deal for $20 for a Mommy and Me Tea which included $20 worth of food. I tried to call to find out hours and there was a generic voicemail, when I started to leave a message inquiring if I even had the right number, the phone was picked up with 'hello' not announcing this was actually a business. I was told Mommy and Me Teas were until 4pm (bit of a rush if going after school) or Saturday. I went with my 6 year old daughter, we spent $18 on food and were charged $3 for a craft that was supposedly included in the voucher. The waitress had no idea why but was reluctant to find out. It seems to me that I paid $20 for a voucher worth $20 though it was apparently a $40 value, how I don't know. The food was average( though the mushroom soup was very good, as was the tea), tables have very little room to accomodate all the tea cups and saucers, condiments, food and overpriced craft. My daugher enjoyed it but it wasn't a warm welcoming place to visit and I won't go back.

5  Thank klsnow22
Reviewed March 2, 2012

A very strange place. The service was, at best, very lacking, at worse, just this side of rude. Both the teacups on our table were cracked and on mismatched saucers. (Maybe some would call that shabby chic, I don't know?) Food, however, was NOT good and vastly overpirced. I had high tea in this place years ago and the atmosphere was very different, very warm and enjoyable. My trip the other day was definitely not....the exact opposite, in fact. We were NOT impressed.

7  Thank mrsclean34607