“Great food at affordable prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Cibo

Cafe Cibo
Ranked #104 of 893 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Kids, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Great food at affordable prices!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

Surprised at the quality of food here. Nice size portions, great service, friendly atmosphere. Small for a cold rainy night but outside seating doubles the size. The kitchen will prepare what you want if you don't see it on the menu and although they have a full bar and good wine for a reasonable fee of around $10 you can bring your own wine. Will definitely be back again.

• Visited January 2013

Tampa, Florida
“Decent food-fair price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

This long-standing St.Pete Italian eatery is consistently good. Again I wish there was a good category here or 3 1/2 stars. Service is good but I wish waitresses in this town would stop asking that stupid question after delivering an entree:"How's that tasting to you?" The bottle of Sangiovese wine was excellent and fairly priced. The warm bread was almost a crusty brioche and dipped in an Italian dressing -always a favorite. The small dinner and Caesar salads had limp lettuce and too much dressing. The pork shank Osso Bucco was soft and paired well with the tangy tomato sauce. The pesto was wimpy and my wife's eggplant just okay. My daughter's chicken parmigiana was huge but good. We passed on desert.

Annapolis, Maryland
“Best Italian Food in St Pete, Hands Down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Normally, I'm not a big fan the pre-meal bread offered with most dinners. However, the garlicky-buttery dipping sauce that comes with Cafe Cibo's breadbasket is to die for. Be sure to factor in how much of this dipping sauce you'll want to eat before selecting your entree!

• Visited November 2012
Clearwater, Florida, United States
“The Best Italian food -EVAH!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just realized that I have never reviewed this restaurant and it is our favorite Italian restaurant in this area. They have an early special for $10 that includes a salad, fresh crusty bread with their famous dipping sauce, an entree AND a glass of wine, beer or soft drink....YES ..$10! The portions are a bit smaller than the later dinners but we are more than satisfied with them. I don't eat pasta so they substitute fresh spinach in a garlicky sauce (lightly applied) with my chicken marsala or picatta. Hubby loves all their lasagna, manicotti and ravioli dishes, full of yummy sauce and topped with melting cheese..yum. This is my "come to" place when company comes as we have never been disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Nancy Y
Tampa, Florida
“Don't Drive By Great Food, Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Took me back to the "real " Italian restaurants my family would dine at when I was growing up. The sauces or (gravy as my Italian Aunt Gloria would say) so flavorful. I had an Eggplant dish prepared a bit differently than I am accustom to but my waiter Brendan assurred me it was one of the "House" favorites. It was over the top delicious! Coupled with Ziti with a creamed tomato "gravy " . My sister had the House Salad with chicken (shrimp another option) . The breads with dipping sauce very tasty . Would be enjoyable alone with maybe a glass of red!
I will be back .