“Best Italian Food in St Pete, Hands Down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cafe Cibo

Cafe Cibo
Ranked #104 of 893 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Special occasions, Dining on a budget
Annapolis, Maryland
“Best Italian Food in St Pete, Hands Down!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Normally, I'm not a big fan the pre-meal bread offered with most dinners. However, the garlicky-buttery dipping sauce that comes with Cafe Cibo's breadbasket is to die for. Be sure to factor in how much of this dipping sauce you'll want to eat before selecting your entree!

• Visited November 2012

Clearwater, Florida, United States
“The Best Italian food -EVAH!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

Just realized that I have never reviewed this restaurant and it is our favorite Italian restaurant in this area. They have an early special for $10 that includes a salad, fresh crusty bread with their famous dipping sauce, an entree AND a glass of wine, beer or soft drink....YES ..$10! The portions are a bit smaller than the later dinners but we are more than satisfied with them. I don't eat pasta so they substitute fresh spinach in a garlicky sauce (lightly applied) with my chicken marsala or picatta. Hubby loves all their lasagna, manicotti and ravioli dishes, full of yummy sauce and topped with melting cheese..yum. This is my "come to" place when company comes as we have never been disappointed.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Nancy Y
Tampa, Florida
“Don't Drive By Great Food, Friendly Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Took me back to the "real " Italian restaurants my family would dine at when I was growing up. The sauces or (gravy as my Italian Aunt Gloria would say) so flavorful. I had an Eggplant dish prepared a bit differently than I am accustom to but my waiter Brendan assurred me it was one of the "House" favorites. It was over the top delicious! Coupled with Ziti with a creamed tomato "gravy " . My sister had the House Salad with chicken (shrimp another option) . The breads with dipping sauce very tasty . Would be enjoyable alone with maybe a glass of red!
I will be back .

• Visited September 2012
Clearwater, Florida
“Great Italian Food and Wonderful Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

We have been going to Cafe Cibo in St Petersburg for several years and have always been pleased. Previously we lived nearby the restaurant in St. Petersburg now we live in Clearwater, its about thirty minutes driving time and it is worth the effort. On Tuesday, June 19, 2012 it was a little early when we stopped at about 4:45pm and was able to take advantage of their "Early Bird Special," your choice of a large glass of wine, or beer, or soft drink; House or Ceasar Salad, their home made bread and Tomato Dip is to die for, and a choice of about eight entrees for only $10.00. Tonight we choose the Chicken Parmesan and Spaghetti and Meat Balls. The meal was excellent and as usual the service made the meal special. We also have previously enjoyed their Lasagna, Chicken Marsala, Italian Sausage with Onions and Peppers and Chicken Parmigiana that have always been excellent and the portions are large and the service staff always makes dinner extra special.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank Sailorwoman
Madeira Beach, Florida
“Great Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Many typical Italian restaurants are not much to look at inside, but the food generally hits the mark. Cafe Cibo did it for us for sure.

My Cesar Salad was very tasty and nice fresh romaine was part of that excellence. The dressing wasn't over powering either. The croutons might crack a tooth so be careful with those!

I had the chicken parmigiana because I was in the mood for some feel good food and this is my favorite. The chicken was nice and thin with a light breading, it was perfect. Two large pieces as well, one of which was my lunch two days later! I opted for the pasta with garlic and olive oil and wasn't disappointed.

My husband had the special of 10oz Filet w/ Portobello mushrooms, th steak was huge and the price was so affordable @ $22. Was cooked perfectly.

We finished off with the Tiramisu which was light and so very tasty.

• Visited June 2012