TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search

“Our favorite place in St Pete”
Review of Brick & Mortar

Brick & Mortar
Order Online
Ranked #6 of 1,111 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Reviewed December 11, 2019

My husband and I come here often and love everything about this place -- the food, the staff, the ambiance, the POUTINE!---My husband loves it so much he gets two of them sometimes. Chef-owned restaurants are always the best, and this is one of those places. We bring all of our visitors from out of town here, and it's always a major highlight for them. Friends visiting from Barcelona recently commented that the burger was the best they had ever had. I agree. Everything is awesome! Thank you, Brick and Mortar.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (211)

Reviewed November 25, 2019

I was pleasantly surprised by both the food and the service after being disappointed at some of the places I usually count on in St. Pete. Great menu, and every dish lived up to its description.

Reviewed November 13, 2019

the salads and mushroom flat breads were awesome!. Thought a little on the pricey side for a salad however.
the tables were small and so close together and the ambient noise from other diners made it nearly impossible to talk.
eclectic menu, including the wine menu

1  Thank cathyt294
Reviewed October 21, 2019

This menu is one where it takes some time to narrow down the options to what you really want to eat. There were several interesting choices on there and if we were in town longer would definitely go back to try something else.

We shared a flatbread with strong flavours of fig, prosciutto and blue cheese. A great combination balancing sweet and salty. A great start to our meal. There were several special dishes that night and my main course was a special of spaghetti carbonara made with squash as a part of the sauce. This kept the dish from being too rich but had a lovely mouth-feel just like carbonara should.

The staff paid great attention to our meals - the wine list was thoughtful and there was something for everyone. The food is something different - and while some of the dishes might sound comfort food based, they all seemed to have a careful twist applied to them. Dine here for something that you can't cook yourself.

Date of visit: October 2019
1  Thank Steveprattnz
Reviewed October 17, 2019

Wonderful, interesting dishes. Great service. Great atmosphere. The octopus was cooked perfectly. The farmers board had great options. I can't have gluten, and the server was very accommodating.

Date of visit: October 2019