“excellente!”
Review of Primi Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Primi Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Post office
Description: The Klenke Family has taken over Primi, and all we can say is - HOLD ONTO YOUR HAT! This snazzy indoor/outdoor eatery has long been a downtown favorite. But now that Klenke enlisted an extraordinary kitchen staff to fine tune the menu, locals and out-of-towners are converging in record numbers. How have patrons weighed in thus far? Wrote one, "It’s such a joy when you find a restaurant that you want to go to every day..." And another enamored diner had this to say, "Primi is a fantastic local place that I will frequent again, and it is very reasonably priced...You could easily spend something comparable or more at a cookie-cutter chain -- but in the end, a place like Primi is a much more rewarding experience." Indeed, it is. For lunch, the Chicken Feta Roast Pepper Panini, House Salad and Pasta Dishes come highly recommended. For dinner, the Beef Carpaccio or Black Mussels in white wine ... Don't forget to ask for the home made deserts: Tiramisu' , Creme Brulee'...& more!
Reviewed January 13, 2014

My girlfriend and I had our second date here. 2 years later this is still one of our favorite spots downtown! Great atmosphere, knowledgable staff and excellent food! Dishes are fairly priced and prepared with attention to detail. Our bartender Maddie always makes sure we have a great experience. There is always something new to try and we have always enjoyed the chef's creations. Want to impress the lady? Bring her here!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Our recent visit to Primi Ristorante Italiano with our group of 13 persons turned out to be a very pleasant experience. The friendly staff was very accommodating and each and everyone of us was highly satisfied with their meals. I would def. consider Primi Ristorante for a date night, family dinner or a night out with friends. Well done!! We will be back.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I do not often get a chance to visit downtown St. Petersburg......but I am very glad that we did on Saturday night. My wife and I had dinner at Primi and we had an excellent experience. The service was fantastic, almost as great as the food/drinks.

I would recommend this place to any of my family/friends without reservation and will definitely be back!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We chose this restaurant after seeing a segment on local tv about the delicious lamb shanks. My mouth was watering in anticipation. We arrived at 6:30 on a weeknight to a totally empty restaurant and had to call out several times before the matre d' came out and seated us. The waiter arrived at our table with water and menus promptly. I was disappointed that the lamb shanks weren't listed nor were they a special of the night. When i inquired about them he just shrugged. We ordered four of the night specials: calamari, potato wedges, veal chop and red snapper. Fifteen minutes went by and then he brought our entrees - we asked what happened to our appetizer and he said "Oh yeah", at that point we told him to forget it. My friend didn't realize the head and tail would be on the fish so he asked to have them removed but the waiter said they could do that after the fish had been cooked! My veal chop ($34) was more veal fat and without much flavor. When asked what happened to our potato wedges we were told they wouldn't be ready on time. We all had polenta that was flavorful and creamy, the garlic spinach was good with just the right amount of garlic flavor. There are plenty of good Italian restaurants in St. Petersburg just not this one. We wouldn't go back.

1  Thank Cyndi D
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We had a fabulous New Year's Day dinner. The snapper special was to die for, the short ribs were fall of the bone great, and I lived my veal chop. Love this place!