“Great Menu with Tons of Options”
Review of Sea Salt

Sea Salt
Ranked #52 of 1,005 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 16, 2019

Sea Salt was our capstone meal during our recent visit to St. Petersburg and it held up. We kicked off with some oysters that were very good and paired well with our wine selection - a Cakebread Merlot. The entrees we selected were grouper and snapper and they were both excellent. The broccolini was probably the biggest disappointment of the evening as it was just OK. No worries as we weren't dining here for the broccolini anyway.

The wine list was indeed impressive as was the wine tower. I would have appreciated a few more unique selections at lower price points. There is definitely room for more unique reds in the $50-$80 range. A couple Barberas and a few more Syrahs would have been nice as an example.

The service was a little disjointed as it felt like we had two primary servers each tripping over one another asking as the same thing.

All in all, we got what we paid for which was a great meal.

1  Thank RobTangeman
Write a reviewReviews (559)

Reviewed November 15, 2019

Must start with how well the server knew the menu. This is a must stop if you're into eating seafood (from all over the world). Calamari appetizer was excellent. Massive wine selection. Food was very good. Try the chocolate dome for dessert.

1  Thank Sinbad06
Reviewed November 14, 2019

The food was over the top excellent! The oysters, shrimp and the clams were the tastiest I had ever had. I attended this restaurant as a guest of the company who rented out the entire restaurant! They did not disappoint. I only wish I could have eaten more! Fabulous service and very considerate staff!

Reviewed November 13, 2019

I ate here with family and we had a nice meal that was not rushed. We had reservations and were going to sit inside, but when we arrived the hostess asked us if we would like to sit outside. Since it was a nice evening, we decided to sit on the balcony. The servers were prompt getting our drink order and bringing out the bread w/assortment of salts, which I really enjoyed, my wife, not so much. The dinner (scallops and steak) was great and the desserts were fantastic! I haven't had cotton candy in years!!! As the night went on, the server kind of disappeared and had she come back another time, we may have gotten more wine, but too much time had passed, so we opted for the bill... Since we were on vacation, we may never eat here again since we like to explore new places, but this is one of the top meals we had.

Date of visit: September 2019
1  Thank alterego3030
Reviewed October 28, 2019

I enjoy all of the scrumptiously delicious food creations at Sea Salt, but these hearty little Lettuce Rolls have been my favorite fun to eat starter. I hope they have them on the menu the next time I'm in. Yum!

Date of visit: July 2019