Open today: 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM

Reviewed July 14, 2017
Mr_Mrs_Lovejoy
Hickory, North Carolina
Full Day Charter with Captain Ted

Awesome day with Captain Ted inland fishing! Reds, flounder, trout, gray snapper... Both kids, 15... read more

Reviewed July 24, 2016
Bryan P
via mobile

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 14, 2017

With hesitation on my behalf, my husband and I booked a private fishing charter with Captain Ted. However, once we were there, Captain Ted easily proved his expertise with fishing, the intracoastal, a beautiful new boat and interesting conversation. He expertly baited every single fishing rod for us, sometimes even casting, getting it loose from wherever we got tangled up with [be it sea shells, seaweed, a rock, a dock, whatever it was]. He is such an expert fisherman, he knows exactly which type of fish will be in each location. In addition, he can tell you exactly what you've hooked just by watching how the line is being tugged. He was correct 100% of the time!! Right off the bat, my husband caught 2 rather large Red Fish. By the end of the 1/2 day [which he was quite generous and stayed out longer than 4 hours] we had bagged 3 Red Fish [our limit], 1 delicious Snapper, a Trout, a Grouper [which we had to throw back because it was too small to keep], a Key West Grunt and countless catfish. He was such a good sport about keeping the fishing rods loaded with bait. He worked the entire time!!! He also cleaned our fish, cut it into reasonable pieces and recommended taking it to Crabby Bill's for cooking and sides. We took his advice and it was the best anniversary meal ever! It was a fabulous way to spend the day with my husband on our anniversary and definitely worth the price!

Date of experience: July 2017
1  Thank Mr_Mrs_Lovejoy
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

Both kids, 15 years old, caught bigger fish than they ever have! Captain Ted knows his stuff!
Thank you Sir for a great day on the water!
-Bryan Phillips

Date of experience: July 2016
1  Thank Bryan P
Reviewed April 18, 2016 via mobile

Our family of 4 went fishing with Capt Ted June 2015. He made sure to ask us what we wanted to do and catch. He already caught the bait fish earlier in the morning before we got there so we got to go right to catching the big stuff! We has a blast with our two boys catching sharks and trout. Our youngest son liked watching the bait swim around. I'd recommend Capt Ted to anyone and we are planning our next fishing trip with him!

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed August 20, 2015

Ted is the best! He went straight out to the area to catch sharks. Caught 3 different types. (gave back) Thrilled to see them up close, we released them. Then on to Red fish territory Caught several. Also caught a cranky catfish (gave back), cute flounder (gave back) Went to so many places we lost track of where we were. Loved it. My son had a HUGE redfish on the line, Ted talked him through keeping it on the line, walking around the boat a few times. Fish took a dive under the boat and snapped the line. Total true fish story of the "big fish that GOT AWAY". Beautiful day of fishing with Ted can't be beat. He is very concerned with all on board, I was concerned about my lack of "sea legs". Ted was great making sure I was holding my own. Pack waters, mini lunch or snack if you need. He gives you plenty of time. Haupt Family will be back next year and my son is gunning for the "fish that got away" !!! :)

Date of experience: August 2015
2  Thank Hauptkids
Reviewed June 8, 2015

Captain Ted Nesti is a great fishing guide and a wonderful person. We had a lot of fun with him on Friday May 29th 2015, we got some delicious red fish & flounder. Next time, my wife & I will go for a full day, half a day is not enough to have time to fish for Red / Snook / flounder/ sheephead etc ... and shark ;-)
Loved his light tackel , the boat is perfect for a good fish fight and plenty of room for four.
Highly recommanded. I WILL BE BACK 4 SURE :-) Your Canadian friends