Open today: 5:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Great experience!

Captain Ted's fishing charter was wonderful! He was patient, kind, knowledgeable, laid back, and... read more

Reviewed December 27, 2017
DiningInFlorida
Tampa, Florida
Best Private Charter Fishing Guide ever

With hesitation on my behalf, my husband and I booked a private fishing charter with Captain Ted... read more

Reviewed July 14, 2017
Mr_Mrs_Lovejoy
Hickory, North Carolina

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

The best part of our vacation! Capt Ted is the best! Our kids are still beaming with pride from the fish they caught. Can't wait to go back!

2  Thank 304suzannep
Reviewed May 4, 2014

We decided to go fishing as I have never done this before. We pick Captain Ted because of his name, who wouldn't want to go fishing with Captain Ted :) Captain Ted is very patient when it comes to kids, I had my three girls with me. He took us out to a spot where he goes to get fish. We first trolled for our bait that was fun! Ted cut up the bait and put it on our hooks for us. One of the hooks cuthis finger and put a bad cut in it. So he just, wrapped it up and we carried on to do what we planned our day to do and that was fish.

After catching our fish for the day (I had a shark that got away, what a feeling that was). He took us on a little tour. He showed us where they filmed cacoon, where Babe Ruth lived and other places. His boat seems to attract the dolphins as they followed us around our tour.

I have spent the rest of my trip fishing with Captain Ted, but Huracain Sandy was taking shape in the skies so we decided to go back in. As we docked there was dozen of pelicains waiting for us at the docks. Captian said watch this and made all of them do a little dance for us.

In a nutshell, you want to go fishing and don't know who to call, Captain Ted Nesti is the man you won't be disappointed. Thanks Captain Ted, we will see you again!

Date of experience: October 2013
2  Thank Mark C
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The day began on the sunny dock with numerous pelicans patiently waiting for a fish to be thrown to them. Captain Teddy was most the most welcoming and friendly captain we had ever met....And so our journey began out to the clear waters. It wasn't long before the dolphins arrived and as our boat revved up, they began playing at the back of the boat....jumping dolphins were awesome....then the manatees arrived...we had never seen these in the wild before....Ted was full of information, pleasant and his sense of humour was the icing on the cake ....a positive learning experience in two hours....worth every second! Try it! You will not be disappointed. Oh and if you find a manatee with sunglasses on , let Ted know cause they are mine!!!!!

four lovely friends from Toronto Canada...

Date of experience: April 2014
4  Thank spiritual381
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Our time with Captain Ted was by far the most fun and memorable part of our trip to the Treasure Island area. He was by far the best host one could ask for. We saw beautiful sights, caught lots of fish and the best part was having the dolphins play with us. When you ask my son what his favorite part of Florida was he will tell you it was the day on the boat with Captain Ted! Even better than Busch Gardens or Disney. Seriously - if you are looking for a way to see Florida from the water and even if you aren't big into fishing this is one fantastic way to see the sights. He took us to Babe Ruth's old house as well we toured a few other famous properties. Thanks Captain Ted for the great day and helping us create memories that will last a lifetime. We hope to see you next year!!!

Date of experience: March 2014