“#310 Rejuvenation and Relaxation...”

Boca Ciega Resort & Marina
Michigan
“#310 Rejuvenation and Relaxation...”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We just got back from our week stay at Boca Ciega yesterday! We stayed in #310 and loved every minute of it! The community is very quiet, which we loved! This is a very low key resort, out of the way of all of the hussle and bussle of John's Pass, Indian Rocks...etc but close enough that it doesn't take long to get there. We had no problem what so ever with the traffic of the bridge (downtown traffic would have been much worse). We saw a couple dolphins from the patio our first day there. We had no problems finding chairs at the pool, and the temp of both the pool and the hot tub were perfect! My personal opinion is the view was much nicer than the beach, there was a lot more to see from our patio, than the view at the beach (Dolphins, fisherman, Pelicans, boats). You have all of the amenities right at the condo that anyone could ask for! We did go down to the fishing pier to see what we could catch and it was nice to have a pole right there. We did buy a couple freezer mugs to take tea down to the pool while tanning, and left those there for others to enjoy. We will definitely send others your way! Thanks again for a great week of rejuvenation!

One more thing I would like to mention, if anyone is up for the best burger I've ever eaten, I would recommend going down to Wally's at Johns Pass. It's a little hole in the wall but we frequented there a couple times, their onion rings are homemade and out of this world!

The only thing I would say might be someone's CON to this place is it does tend to lean towards a older crowd, we are 40 and 35, and it was mentioned that we were "Too young to be at heavens gate" it was all in good humor and everyone was wonderful but this place is not for the All nighters or loud roudy bunch! We didn't have any problems what so ever, just thought I would make mention for the people who live here day in and day out. They may not appreciate your presence, which may make YOUR stay a little uncomfortable!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
11 Thank andjen1234

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed May 12, 2012

I stayed here for the period Mar 3-25/2012 and had a wonderful time. My 23 year old daughter came for the first 10 days and my 42 year old son for the following 11 days. We all loved the place. Eating our breakfasts and lunches on the balcony with the Bay right below us and the warm breezes blowing was outstanding and so relaxing. The one bedroom condo also had a sofa bed where the kids slept. We were right on the corner of the building closest to the Green Iguana restaurant which could be a bit noisy at night but nothing disturbing. They always shut down the entertainment around 11:00PM so it wasn't a problem. My kids slept next to the balcony with open doors but were not inconvenienced at all.
The condo itself was comfortable and very clean except the carpets were badly stained. I informed the owners, who live in Buffalo, NY and they said they would look after that problem right away as they were not aware of the problem due to they're not being at the condo for a couple of years.
We loved the place, felt very safe and enjoyed the beautiful scenery and the convenience of the shopping. Everything we needed was within 10 minutes including the beautiful gulf beaches.

We never had any problems at all and I am very surprised about the difficulties mentioned by others. We absolutely would come again.

Jack R.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank jack r
marietta
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I had to cancel my trip 3 days before the deadline and had a horrible time getting in touch with anyone from the front desk. I left 4 messages in one day and NEVER received a return phone call, when I finally got through to a live person he was the rudest man I have ever talked to and would not take my information, he told me to call a company somewhere in Vero beach and then hung up on me. I was finally able to cancel thru priceline but not before i spent most of the day trying to make one simple phone call. I would NEVER EVER recommend this place based on customer service

karen

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank karen w
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed April 12, 2012

#404 was a perfect place to stay at when we were in St Petersburg.
Waterfront with a lovely poolarea, inclusive jacuzzi and barbeque area. From the balcony adn poolare you can see the dolphins playing!!
The apartment had all kind of equipment as dishwasher, washing mashine and even product as a cooler to take to the beach and beachtoys.

The location was perfect with 5 min th shopping, beach, tenniscourse, golfcourse, restaurants etc....
We loved our stay here and will definatley come back!

Clean and newfurnished so the feeling was very good!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
9 Thank J6619
Shelby Twp
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We stayed in unit # 202 in March 2012. Very disappointed, excessive noise from the cars, trucks, motor cycles, etc. Condo was very cheaply decorated, not worth the $1200 we
paid for one week. We will never return.

David Macuga---Michigan

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank David M
Granna, Sweden
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Waterfront with pool and heated yacuzzi. Clean and modern apt. with new furniture. Playstation and 2 flat screen TVs. Fully equipped kitchen and free Wi-Fi. Plenty of beach toys to borrow and more for the kids.
Parking in the shade and Green Iguana next door. Dolphins playing just outside and spectacular sunsets. Safe neighbourhood close to all the beaches and shopping.
We loved it and will definately come back.
Back side is traffic on the bridge wich could be heard from the balcony. We closed the window and heard nothing. :)

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Artillerycaptain
Fredericton, NB
Reviewed March 16, 2012

We were in unit 407 which was very nice and had all we needed. The two negatives about this holiday experience was the noise from the barking dogs, there are just to many animals allowed in this resort. The pool and hot tub should not be closed at dusk. What is the problem with adults using these after dark.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank bernieFredericton
Also consider these accommodations in or near St. Petersburg
Courtyard St. Petersburg Clearwater/Madeira Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites St. Petersburg - Seminole Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites St....
#11 of 42 in St. Petersburg
Hampton Inn and Suites St. Petersburg Downtown
Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park
Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach

Been to Boca Ciega Resort & Marina? Share your experiences!