All reviews hydro massage massage chair front desk cracker barrel across the street highway for easy access room was clean water pressure recommend this hotel included breakfast the breakfast area great place to stay outdoor pool convenient location hot breakfast stayed here for one night hotel is located would stay again
Reviewed February 22, 2017

My father was brought into the VA hospital last week for surgery and we were given a double bed room to share with my parents. Mostly that week we were just with my mom while we visited at the hospital during my dad's recovery. As a surprise welcome we were given massage chair coupon codes that was really great. They also have a free breakfast that includes the waffles and eggs and sausages. We only really had breakfast once during the stay but it was moderately okay. That second evening in the toilet seat broke. We asked for it to be fixed and instead of replacing the entire seat they just glued the broken piece back together. So of course it wasn't completely dry or properly replaced and once again the next night the seat broke. They eventually replaced it though the following evening. I loved the desserts and snacks downstairs and they have $3 beer which is fantastic. My husband and I hung out at the bar for an hour or so and we asked if they had cards we could borrow which we used to hang out and relax. So that was nice. And the only final thing is we tried the pool but it was super smelly outside and so it wasn't that much fun. I'm sure on a hot summer day it would have been more enjoyable anyways. And final final note... the employees are super friendly, helpful, and very nice. We chose to come back here tonight for my dad's check up and this room seems very cozy. :)

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank amadaanderson
Reviewed February 22, 2017

I loved the hydro massage machine it was a blast and very soothing i loved it i woould tell anyone to come and use the machine here it is worth the stay alone. so if you want a great massage come on by

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 17, 2017 via mobile

If this hotel isn't free for you then stay away. Water stains on the ceilings, old walls touched up with the wrong paint. Bad breakfast and only 5 papers for 100 or so guests. Smells old inside shows it's age where as outside looks good. Just stay in St. Pete Beach.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
COMFORTSTPETE, General Manager at Comfort Inn North, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2017

Dear Haynes2,

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback to offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future. I am sorry that our recent updated rooms and lobby did not meet your expectation, I wish you have spoken to one of our friendly customer service agent or myself during your 3 nights stay about your concern, all of front desk agents have been trained to take care of any guest issue as quickly as possible. Our free hot breakfast menu has option for everyone such as sausage, eggs, make your own waffles, boiled eggs, verity cereals, fresh fruits, muffin, donuts , English muffin, toast, verity of fruit juices, coffees, tea, oatmeal, verity of yogurts, verity of jams and much more, I was not sure which option did not satisfy your liking, we are always looking to add more option to our breakfast menu, please email me personally at gm.fl168@choicehotels.com your suggestions. I also noticed you have posted a picture, and I was wondering where it was taken? In our facility we do not have a rubber flooring – all the rooms and corridor are carpeted and bathroom floors are ceramic? I would be interested to know the location. I could be reached at 727-3620075 or email above for any inquiry or feedback.
Please accept my sincere thanks. We look forward to serving you in the near future.

John Moradi
GM Comfort Inn North

Reviewed February 5, 2017

I enjoyed my stay staff were very accommodating...l have a Hospital surgery to go under so it's near to hospital for all my family members. Very nice place to stay.. I will for sure stay here again and recommend all to stay here if in the area.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed January 28, 2017

Our group of 27 adults were traveling across Florida to visit the St. Petersburg, FL area. We chose our overnight stay here because of its convenient location between the Salvador Dali Museum, downtown area and closer to our next stop, Tarpon Springs, FL. We arrived around 4:30 pm and our room card keys were ready for us. My room was on the fourth floor, # 429 at the end of the hall. I liked this location because it was very quiet. I heard absolutely no noise from the corridor or elevator all night long. The only noise heard was inside the room when the A/C cycled. After relaxing for an hour or so, we all headed out to the Park Shore Grill in downtown St Petersburg.

My fair-sized basic room contained a very comfortable king-size bed with plenty of pillows both soft and firm. It had a good-size window that faced the entrance of the hotel, parking lot and road. There were room darkening drapes and sheer curtains. The plain walls were pained beige; the one behind the bed was painted green. Our room contained most of the basic amenities found in most hotels such as coffee machine and supplies, bedside lamps with base outlets, desk, a desk chair with lamp and more outlets in its base plus another chair. The flat screen TV had cable and HBO channels. I didn't use the in-room free internet service. There were two small drawers, a microwave and end tables with a drawer each & shelf. The double door closet had attached hangers, an iron and ironing board plus a luggage rack. For my one night stay, I didn't use the small fridge but appreciated having it in the room. Near the bathroom was a tall framed mirror. Local calls were free. Missing were any art work on the walls, in-room safe or a clock radio.

The brightly lit bath contained a tub/ shower combination and towels neatly folded on a shelf under the sink. The small counter top was granite with an extended shelf for guests' sundry cosmetics. Supplied were small bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body lotion and a hair dryer with small night light. Additional supplies were available at the front desk, if needed. My only issue was the very slow draining sink. I would have liked a bar to hold towels. I phoned in a wake-up call with the front desk for the next morning.

The public areas although basic are quite clean & comfortable. Off the lobby is an ATM machine, an attractive Meeting Room, Business Center, with copy service, computer and free High Speed Internet. A bar off the lobby is open daily from 2 pm-10 pm. Complimentary weekday newspapers are in the lobby. Interior corridors are nicely lit. Ice Machines are on each floor near the elevators. There was little time during our stay to use the small exercise room or the outdoor pool. Nor was there a need to use the available laundry or dry cleaning service. Good to know that there are guest laundry machines available. Cribs, and rollaway bed are available with advance notice.

Early the next morning we all ate at the complimentary deluxe continental breakfast buffet just off the lobby area. I made myself a waffle using the blueberry batter supplied, chose a banana over apples or oranges, enjoyed red raspberry yogurt and some OJ. Others enjoyed cereal, muffins, English Muffins, toast and coffee.

I liked that the premise is 100% non smoking. There is a small outside area just to the right of the entrance set up for smokers where several people were smoking upon our arrival. No pets are permitted either. The surrounding area appears safe. Parking is free with enough room for coach and truck parking. If you are in town for The Rays Home Game, there is free transportation to the stadium located four miles away from the hotel. Taxi Service is available upon request. Check-In is 3 pm; Check-Out is 11 am. This is a nice basic hotel for families, business people and tourists. The 24-hour front desk people are very accommodating and pleasant. Everyone in our group was satisfied staying here.

Date of stay: January 2017