Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown
$174
  • Breakfast included
$152
Staybridge.com
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
$97
$229
$178
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscourtyard marriottindoor poolfront deskfree shuttlevalet parkingshuttle serviceupdated roomsnice hotelwithin a mile radiustropicana fieldcorner roombeach drtampa bay raysrays gamest petedali museumfew blocks
Reviewed December 21, 2009

We had real problems with this hotel. We stayed one night and left. The internet was not working the evening and morning that we were there. We were out fairly late the first night and when we got up we realized that the room was infested with bugs. UGH.

If someone from Marriott read this they should tell there people to clean the keyboards on the work stations and dust under the furnishing in the lobby. Gross!

We also felt that considering the really second rate location, and all of the empty lot surrounding the building that they had a lot of nerve charging $12.00 for parking.

The staff were nice enought but couldn't compensate for all of the problems. The rooms were large and the decor was standard Courtyard by Marriott.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 15, 2009

The hotel is ok but the area isn't the best. You can stay at several other choices that have a better location and you can walk to all the resturants, shopping etc. for the same price. Love downtown st pete but I would stay at another hotel next time I visit.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2009

The hotel was OK and it was easy to get around just walking. Service was good as well as the breakfast and it was great to have free internet. One thing that I did not like was a walking next to a park that is close to the hotel, it really seem like a not so safe to walk by.There is bus system that passes next to the hotel that for only 25 cents takes you to several places downtown including the magnificent Dali Museum.

Finally the Shuttle service was great, Marco, the driver took us to the pharmacy and the grocery store several times and even waited for us in one ocassion!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed August 25, 2009

My family of four stayed at this hotel for one night as part of a four day trip to the Bay area. The hotel is in a historic building, and while the lobby probably retains some of the original charm, the rooms are the standard Courtyard variety. Our seventh floor room overlooked a parking lot to the east. The room was in good condition with standard Courtyard dark primary colors. The bathroom was smallish and really nothing special.

There is unmetered street parking immediately adjacent to the hotel.

The staff, while generally friendly, seemed a cross between clueless, deceitful and uncooperative. For example, they offered my children candy about 20 times in a two hour period. Don't get me wrong, I think its really delightful when people appreciate and acknowledge my children, but how much candy is really appropriate for little kids to eat? The answer: far less than 20!

Our room package included breakfast; however, the waiter at the hotel's restaurant insisted on charging us for our five year-old's meal. We were in a hurry to catch our return flight and didn't argue the $5-$6 charge. However, we left the hotel feeling cheated.

Finally, right before check-out, I requested a minor change to our room bill, which did not impact any of the charges or total. To be perfectly clear, we were willing to pay the full amount. However, the hotel manager, citing that the room was already processed in their accounting system, refused to change the bill or help in any way. Their rigid system is just not customer friendly.

Overall, I left the hotel thinking that was the worst customer service I had experienced in a long time.

There are lots of better options in St. Petersburg.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2009

I don't post reviews often but this hotel really did go above and beyond. I had to travel to St. Petersberg for my son to have a procedure done at the children's hospital. I was really nervous about picking a place to stay because I didn't know the area and I have been really sorry for the hotel choice in the past for whatever reason. To the point, we arrived early for checkout and even though they didn't have any rooms available the front desk clerk was very apologetic that they didn't have any ready. I should have called ahead. No harm no foul. She did ask me how many children I had. I told her I had two but I only had one with me. She said she would have something for him when I came back to check in. She said they would have a room by three. We came back at 2:45 and they had our room all ready. Then she handed over a packet of papers that she had went online and printed out for my son with all kinds of mazes and activites for him to play with. It really helped for the hospital the next day. We got to the room and I recieved a call asking how things were and if we needed anything. Now maybe you have had someone do that but I haven't. It was really refreshing. The hotel staff went out of their to help us out. The room was nice. I was kind of concerned when I first saw it. It was previously a historic site. They did alot of renovating and it was probably one of the best I have stayed in. Real personal service. I would definitely stay there again.

The only downside is the mandatory valet parking.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business