Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$145
  • Restaurant
$106
Hollander Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$109
All reviewscourtyard marriottindoor poolfront deskfree shuttlevalet parkingshuttle serviceupdated roomsnice hotelwithin a mile radiustropicana fieldcorner roombeach drtampa bay raysrays gamest petedali museumfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2014

It is difficult to make small rooms bigger unless the owners are willing to tear out walls. Try and get a corner room on a higher floor if you want something bigger. Two chairs in the room with the desk chair the most comfortable. The linen and bedding not up to the Marriott standards. A great staff which was evident in how they handled the many complaints that only one elevator (rather small) worked, which made for long waiting time as their was a large group in the hotel.

Room Tip: Corner room - higher level
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Franci E
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from you recent stay in St Petersburg. Yes it is structurally a challenge to refurbish an existing building. I opologize that one of our elevators was out of service. We were waiting on a unusual part for the system and to ensure out guest safety, we did not want to take any chances. Thank you for your comments about our staff.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Based upon Trip Advisor recommendations stayed over on a Sunday evening. Met cousin there for a family reunion of sorts with a recuperating cousin who is at St Pete nursing home. Very comfortable, upscale room- great front desk staff - monitored parking spaces- just a very nice place to stay. A little pricey , although we were offered the military rate as a retired Army soldier.

Room Tip: Like others have said, ask for one of the bigger rooms. We were afforded that due to our Marriott rewards status.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Thank you for staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg for your recent visit. I am glad to hear that it fit your needs. Additionally, I am happy to hear that our Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Please visit us agian soon.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I've stayed at this Courtyard a couple of times in the past year while visiting St Petersburg. It's location is perfect for experiencing St Pete, it's staff has always been friendly and helpful and the rooms, are clean and functional. It's an easy walk anywhere downtown, with it's great shops, restaurants, and Saturday open air market. During my last visit, they were upgrading the Bistro, but they went out of their way to ensure a pleasant breakfast dining option. I'll be visiting again soon and look forward to checking out the changes.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your continued visits to the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg. We really like our conversion to the Bistro and look forward to your next visit so we can show it off. Thank you for your comments about our staff.
Happy Travels

Reviewed March 1, 2014

First of all- the hotel was beautiful ! The entire staff-from check in to check out- was GREAT-very friendly and helpful. Our room was very spacious and clean. It was a rainy night so the hotel's free shuttle was a BIG PLUS. Marco was great- not only friendly, but never let a drop of rain hit us-he umbrelled us right up to the door of the Vue(excellent sushi)!!!! The hotel is surrounded by multiple resturaunts and activities-excellent location.

Room Tip: Our room was on the end of an upper floor and overlooked a lot of downtown- it was lovely.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank bsissy210

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about our Courtyard St Petersburg. I am also pleases that our staff was helpful and friendly. I will certainly share your comments with them all including Marco.
See you next time,

Reviewed February 21, 2014

My company puts me up at this hotel for work. I've stayed here 6 or 7 times. The rooms are fine, and the location is great.
Sadly, last trip, they lost my reservation. This time, I arrived at 12:30, before check-in time. When I expressed disappointment that my room wasn't ready, the clerk's first words were "well do you want to cancel your reservation?" I wasn't offered a place to change for work, and she didn't offer to check me in or hold my bag for me. She told me she could call when the room was ready, but of course I was working 2pm until midnight so that wasn't too helpful. Her name is Shirley--watch out for her. She is the same one who lost my reservation last time. She has a snide, mean attitude, and the last thing she wants to do is make a guest's experience nicer. Hard to understand why Marriott, which is usually great with customer service, would keep her as an employee and make her the first experience a guest has when staying at this otherwise fine hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank dryhops
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

I appreciate that you like our hotel and location as well as the fact that you are a return guest and thank you for that. I apologize again that we were not able to get you in to a room for an early arrival for your reservation. Additionally, I apologize for the lack of communication you experienced at that time from our guest service agent. We are always looking to continue our service efforts and will use your comments to continue to improve.