“Clean, nice staff, and love the shuttle!”

Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown
Ranked #11 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
“Clean, nice staff, and love the shuttle!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My group was in town for an education conference and stayed at this jewel of a hotel. From check in to check out my stay was fabulous. I thought the Starbucks was already here but I guess it won't in the hotel until later this year, so I just took the free shuttle to the Starbucks down the street. The shuttle was a great plus, the breakfast was scrumptious and the hotel was clean. I will be back here for our next conference!

• Stayed June 2013
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We will have the "We Proudly Brew Starbucks" program in mid September so on your next visit we will be able to provide you this to you. Thank you again!
K Cablish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We did not have a reservation. When I asked the rate it was higher then when I showed the front clerk my Florida drivers license. We had our daughter with us and they only had rooms left with King beds and sleeper sofa. Got to the room after we went to the Ray's game. There were no sheets for the sofa bed my husband went down to the front desk to get some. The comforter had small blood spots on it, but I didn't complain. Had the buffet the next morning, it was expensive for what you got. Not sure if I will stay here again when I am in St Petersburg. Valley was very friendly though.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
I am pleased that we were able to accomodate you with a Florida Residents rate for your recent stay with us. I apologize that the linens for the sleeper sofa were not in the room upon your arrival. We are looking forward to an upcoming renovation that will provide us with the new Courtyard Bistro which wll offer a wider variety of breakfast option for our guests and it is scheduled to open September 14th.
Windermere, Florida, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed here recently to celebrate a friend's bachelorette party. Proximity to the bars and restaurants of downtown St. Pete was perfect, although there was a disturbing number of drunk and homeless people during the day lurking around. The hotel is under renovation and thank goodness our rooms were in the newer part. Other areas of the hotel were very dated and drab. Wi-fi worked well and was easy. Breakfast was expensive and just so-so. Front desk staff was friendly, but our first encounter was with valet and they barked at us for pulling into the wrong parking lot, which was mislabeled. We had coupons for the rooms for this visit, but I would probably not pay to come back, and wouldn't recommend to a friend.

Room Tip: Request the newer, renovated side of the hotel when booking
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
We are looking forward to the completion of our renovations that will update our restaurant and lobby. The new Courtyard Bistro will offer adiditonal options for our guests for breakfast and dinner. I am sorry to hear that the valet was less than professional. I will certainly share this with our Valet Parking Company that manages that service for us.
San Diego, California
Reviewed June 14, 2013

This hotel was perfect for my one night stay. It was conveniently located down town. I was in St. Pete for a quick trip to visit the Baseball Stadium. It was only blocks away from my hotel and the free shuttle was very convenient. The rooms were very nice and spacious. The pool area was small and indoors but clean and provided a good place to cool off.

Room Tip: ask for a bay view!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your impressions of your stay with us at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg. We love our Baseball travelers!

Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I travel to St Pete a few times a year and usually stay at this hotel due to the convenient location. It is a historic building with neat history now owned by Marriott. Rates are OK, not great. If you drive a car you will have to valet park which will add to the bill. Fitness room is OK. Rooms are always very clean and comfortable. Breakfast is typical for this type of hotel. Service is always friendly. They have a shuttle that will take you nearby... including the stadium where the Rays play baseball or the pier and restaurant area.

1 Thank The-Master-Planner
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg. It is always good to hear these comments. I wanted to share that we will be undergoing renovations to our lobby and restaurant and by the fall wil have dinner options available as well as breakfast. I hope you will be returning to see our changes.

Bradenton Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We've stayed at the Courtyard three times in the past two years. I love the historic charm, without the high dollar room rate. Having a fridge in the room is very convenient to keep water, wine and snacks chilled. Staff is very helpful and friendly, parking fee is reasonable and there's a free shuttle. I've considered paying more to stay closer to the waterfront, but always end up booking at the Courtyard and having no regrets with that decision. We'll be back next year.

Room Tip: Corner room have more space and light, but no blackout curtains on the side windows.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
We appreciate you sharing your comments with other travelers on Trip Advisor. I am glad you have enjoyed your stays when visiting us in St Petersburg. Thank you!
Canton
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Friendly service, nice room, helpful staff, good food = great stay! Our family enjoyed looking at the old photographs displayed throughout the lobby area of the original Pennsylvania Hotel. We plan on returning.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your comments about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg.
I am pleased that you found our hotel one that you would come back to. We look forward to your return.