WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown

Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in St. Petersburg
New England
“Convenient in St. Petersburg”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Marriott Courtyard in downtown St. Petersburg, FL is conveniently located - walking distance to the waterfront and most attractions and restaurants.
It is an historic hotel (Pennsylvania) that has been modernized - so it is confortable.
It is also more reasonable than some of the other newer or fancier hotels in town.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg.
We are fortunate to be both historic and convenient. We appreciate you choosing our property.
Kathy Cablish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013

Comforter had a yellow stain, asked for a new one, which they delivered but did not put on bed or take stained one away.
Coffee in room did not have any condiments which was annoying.
Bathroom wall, baseboards, dirty.
Most annoying, there were not any mirrors in room. We had to take turns in bathroom to blow dry hair and put on makeup in steamed up bathroom. Doubled getting ready time with me, my daughter, and husband. No full length mirror either.
Would not stay here again. Many other options to choose from next time.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
I am sorry that your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg was less than perfect. I understand we fell short on the cleanliness of your room during your recent stay and that should not be the case. Our inspection process should have ensured your room to be perfect and we let you down. I have shared your comments with our Housekeeping Manager and we will certainly continue our training with our staff to prevent problems such as yours in the future. I do understand the lack of mirrors outside the bathroom. I also would prefer that the full length mirror be somewhere other than the bathroom door. I hope that when we renovate our guest rooms sometime next year that will be addressed. Again, I apologize for your stay being disappointing.
Toronto, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip as the Vinoy and Hilton were not available. The hotel is quite old and looks rather run down. The room while very large bordered on scary. However, reception and morning breakfast staff were amazing. Gym is very limited with only two treadmills, one sitdown bike, and some dumbbells - recommend the four mile running trail (ask reception for a map)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I would first like to thank you for your great comments about our staff. We are pleased to have a very attentive group of associates. I do, however apolpgize that our rooms fell short. While I am not sure what your specific dissatisfactions were, I do understand that some travelers, prefer newer built hotels.
Please feel free to contact me personally at the property if you would like to share your specific concerns. I am always willing to learn were we can improve. Thank you for staying at the Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg.
Grand Rapids Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I just got back from a long weekend, (three nights) at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown St Petersburg and it was a great stay. The staff really care about their guests, and go the extra mile to make sure you have a good time and are completely satisfied.
My best example, of many possible examples, was when I used the complimentary shuttle to attend a concert at the Mahaffey theater. With the Grand Prix in St Pete next weekend the area around the theater is very limited. The driver dropped me off with an assurance to be back to the spot to pick up after. Since the streets were redirected he couldn't make it in to pick up and actually parked behind a police car and walked up to the venue to find me and walked me and others back to the waiting van to get us back efficiently. He went way above what would have been expected. Thank you.
If considering a trip to this area in the future I will only stay at this location.
I stayed in the older section of the hotel and the wi-fi connection was strong and worked well.
The location is great, quiet neighborhood, very close to "The Looper" Trolley (bring your quarters).

Room Tip: I preferred the older section, but remember you might get a bit more 'neighbor noise' which...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CourtyardStPeteGM, General Manager at Courtyard St. Petersburg Downtown, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding your stay here at the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown St Petersburg. I am very pleased that our staff took such great care of you during your recent weekend stay. I am fortunate to have a great team here and would love to have you back in the future!
East Setauket, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Nice hotel, clean, very friendly service
The location was limited. They do provide transport within 3 miles for free, which is needed
I did walks--(short) to the pier and restaurants--- but I would not have been comfortable returning a night. Breakfast is available for a fee-- only till 9:30, mostly business people. If you sleep in, only have coffee in the lobby, or 8-10 min. walk for breakfast. Room was quiet and clean, pleasant experience

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
I am happy to hear that our Courtyard by Marriott St Petersburg Downtown was a good choice for you on your recent trip to the area. I am glad that our shuttle was of a benefit to you as a means to get around in the downtown area. I do apologize that our breakfast hours were not beneficial to you, and for future information we do extend those hours on Saturday and Sunday to 11:00 AM so that our guests who choose a more leisurly schedule will be able to take advantage of the Breakfast.
We hope to see you again when you are in the area.

Alliston, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is in part the old and restored Pennsylvania hotel from the 20s. The room I had was in the newest part of the hotel and had a one bedroom with a large living space. Very nice and I was really surprised when I opened the door for the first time. The location is about a 15 minute walk and it is quite pleasant walking to and from the water. I must have walked it 20 times as the conference I was attending was at the Marriott Vinoy. There is a great brew pub just up from the hotel at the intersection to the left when you come out the main door. Just off 4th Ave. Live entertainment there. I recommend the Florida Ale.
The walk along the water past the Vinoy s nice and the walkway leads to a tropical garden with some plant details on signs. Nice walk and also interesting.
Staff was very pleasant and helpful. I would glad,y return. Hope you enjoy St Petersburg!

Mike.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Michael182201
We will be happy to host you on your next trip to St. Petersburg! Thank you for comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Downtown St. Petersburg. We are very fortunate to be located in such a great city as St. Petersburg which has so much to offer. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

"Historic" hotel in downtown St. Pete but rooms were clean, updated and spacious. Free wifi - but the signal was a little sketchy - worked okay for email, etc but gave me a little trouble when I tried to watch a program on my ipad. Rooms were very quiet. Check in was quick, easy and friendly. Free shuttle to conference I was attending at the Vinoy down the street - seemed to always be there at the right time. Valet parking only for $12 per day - only downside was there was only one attendant so long wait times if you wanted your car at the same time as everyone else.

• Stayed February 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
We appreciate our guests sharing their experience with other travelers and I am happy that we provided you with a great stay. As a side note, we have added a couple of additional access points for our internet signal as a way to increase the connectivity of the Internet service. Thank you for your comments!