TripAdvisor

Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave NE
Transit: Looper Trolley Stop 4, Museum of Fine Arts, Beach Dr
Description: Casual yet urban in feel in the heart of Beach Drive in Downtown St. Petersburg. Smart, friendly service. New World Italian cuisine with modern flair. History Established in 2005. After visiting the Tuscany region of Italy several times, we were hooked. We decided to open a restaurant here in St. Pete and bring a little of Tuscany back with us.
Reviewed December 29, 2018

First off, I am from Oklahoma, Boomer Sooner , and I could not wait to eat at the BellaBrava. My friends and family have been here numerous times , and they couldn't stop raving about it. So clearly I had to go,,,We were sat quickly, as a party of 6, our server Kat, was on the ball and hands down the most conscientious server I have ever had. I do not get the opportunity to eat out very often , so this was a big deal! Plus my son was buying :) She made me feel right at home and was so patient with me, and I am a servers worst nightmare. I like everything on the side :)
Now for the good stuff, appetizers, we did the Calamari , Brushetta ( which I am completely in love with, that goat cheese tho :), and a pizza ( cannot remember what it was called, but insanely yummy.
I did the spaghetti and meatballs, which was to perfection, also folks, I took my leftovers, and it reheats beautifully, just add a bit of butter, when reheating it . My sons ordered, the burger , yes a burger at Bella, but he loved it ( bacon ) and their fries are ridiculously good, Chicken Parm, tho my son had them do an asiato sauce ( not sure if i spelled this right )instead of the traditional sauce , Delicious....
Then, as if it couldn't get anymore amazing, Kat recommends dessert, I am so full at this point, but, so far Kat, has not been wrong, so we do the Tiramisu and this Cannoli, it was a piece of chocolate heaven ! TRY IT , if you are full, get it to go, you will thank me later !!!
The ambience was electric throughout the entire restaurant, I had such a perfect night/dinner , people watching, and sipping on my martini, thanks Bella, you lived up to the RAVE !!!

Date of visit: December 2018
Write a reviewReviews (1,401)

Reviewed December 29, 2018

After being forced to go to the Saturday Morning Market, my wife treated me to lunch. Seating inside or outside. Inside looked dark to me. Outside was nice. On a hot day...go inside.

Lunch. Thought the menu was limited. Some prices good, some very expensive. Choose carefully. Three of us had the antipasto mixture, but disappointing for an Italian restaurant. Meats and bread. And olives. Italian vegetable antipasto is so good...but there was none. Most, not all, of the menu involved bread. Pizzas (they called them flatbread), sandwiches, bread topped with whatever. It was good, but it's hard to get beyond a bread based item. Unless you go the salad route. Dinner seems to have more. We had hoped to have a meal made of small plates, but it would have been expensive or plates of bread.

Alcohol reasonably priced and good.

All in all, a good experience. Food tasty. Nice seating outside. Waitress full of life and friendly. And they brought a water bowl for a dog. Good people.

But.....I notIced that the restaurant gets somewhat defensive when a reviewer provides disappointment. The place comes across like everyone is out of step except Johnny. Doesn't argue with your customer. Learn from the criticism. And thank them. You are competing with Cassis on the next block which overflows with custom. You anger people, they will go there.

Reviewed December 23, 2018 via mobile

Fast serving, less than 10 minutea, nice location, we stayed on the terrace. Tasty Italian food. Thanks

Reviewed December 21, 2018 via mobile

We went out to dinner last night and I ordered osso bucco. there was a piece of plastic when I was eating it! I then brought this to the attention of the stewardesses and they just said sorry . they did not offer any compensation, as in offering a complimentary dessert, or to take the food back and bring me a new dish. Come on, there was a piece of plastic in my food!

Though the ladies were friendly, it was still not the right customer service!

Reviewed December 10, 2018

This is always a staple for us when we are downtown. The location is very central to everything. They have very good pizza and the service is usually excellent. Good place to have a late night drink also. bartenders are fun.

Date of visit: November 2018