“Great appetizers”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave NE
Transit: Looper Trolley Stop 4, Museum of Fine Arts, Beach Dr
Description: Contemporary Italian fare with a New World interpretation. Extensive beer & wine selection. Outdoor seating on beautiful Beach Drive.
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere in coastal St. Petersburg is wonderful. The calamari and mussels were great. Pasta dishes were fine. The crostata was excellent but the spaghetti and meatballs were bland.

There are newer reviews for BellaBrava

Reviewed May 17, 2013

We arrived at Bella Brava at about 4:15 PM on a Saturday; our group was composed of 6 people who ranged in age from 56 to 76. We were immediately escorted to a table in the dining room, away from the bar, where the noise level was not too loud, just pleasant. We had amazing service from Corian (I hope I spelled it correctly). We were too early for the dinner menu so we decided to have cocktails and peruse the menu until the kitchen was ready to serve dinner. In the meantime, Corian brought us warm bread with garlic butter; some of us prefer EVOO, so he brought that too. Then one of our party happened to mention casually to the rest of us that he likes shredded parmesan in the EVOO for dipping, and suddenly a hostess magically appeared with a dish of shredded parmesan just a couple of minutes later! Then Corian kept us supplied with warm bread throughout our meal.
Corian never wrote down a single thing as we ordered and there were several changes and special requests. When our food arrived he had everything absolutely perfect! I had the potato gnocchi with gorgonzola and walnuts--OMG it was out of this world good--the sauce wasn't too heavy or skimpy but just right! Other members of our group ordered the lasagne, fettucini bolognese, rosemary shrimp spiedini, and a pizza from the lunch menu. Everything was excellent. The prices were very reasonable for everything, including the tasty house wines. We were very pleasantly surprised at our final bill because we've paid more for lunch at other restaurants that wasn't even close to being that good. We will be back!

2  Thank MaryJo822
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Good restaurant with refined italian dishes of excellent quality. Wide choice of excellent cocktails. Staff very friendly and helpful.
A little loud as it seems to be the preferred spot for a young crowd.

1  Thank Anton P
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Coming from the northeast, (Lived in Long Island and Boston) I am reluctant to try Italian-American food without hearing about the place beforehand. We came here on a whim while we were in town for a wedding and were pleasantly surprised at the delicious menu items, the welcoming decor and the reasonable prices that this place had to offer. I would recommend this to anyone visiting the area for sure!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

Picked this restaurant b/c my wife had a craving for pizza. We had to wait about 15 min for a table which seemed reasonable to us. We saw the wait staff harrassed by an irrational women, but she took it in stride and was very cordial though visibly upset by the women's demeanor.

The atmosphere was very trendy, nicely decorated and people were definitely enjoying themselves. The HEAT game played on TV's across the room which was nice.

Our food was tasty, my wife ordered her pizza (she was disappointed, not enough sauce and cheese--which was true, but it was very flavorful). I had the wedge salad and skirt steak. The steak was served to me very cold (some sort of mix up in the kitchen) however, they promptly took it back and cooked me a new steak (or heated it up--who knows). The steak was very flavorful and I was impressed.

The wait-staff was attentive and restaurant appeared to be well-managed.

Overall we had a great experience and would recommend others.