“Good food, lively, cheerful atmosphere”
Review of BellaBrava

BellaBrava
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave NE
Transit: Looper Trolley Stop 4, Museum of Fine Arts, Beach Dr
Description: Contemporary Italian fare with a New World interpretation. Extensive beer & wine selection. Outdoor seating on beautiful Beach Drive.
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We had one very good dinner at Bella Brava marred only by our own incessant business-related texts. My husband ordered the tuna appetizer and was only a third finished when his main course, seafood fra diavolo, arrived. Not the fault of the kitchen! Both were really fine. I had a chicken dish with mascarpone (?) and delish grilled asparagus. It came with a house salad that was excellent--fresh and nicely dressed. Service was very good. Lovely, cheerful waitress. Even though there was a large table of (after work?) guys right nearby the noise level was bearable. There are also outdoor tables. Shared a creme brulee for dessert. A lovely meal we'd like to repeat with fewer personal distractions.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

This was our second visit. It was a Friday night in season so it was busy. We had no reservation. We were told there would be a 45 minute wait and I don't think it took that long. Got a nice table outside next to a heater. The heaters are beautiful but basically useless as far as keeping you warm. The waitress was cheerful and pleasant. She didn't know the prices of the specials and when we asked what the spice was in the amazingly good soup (artichoke/parmesan) we had, she didn't know. Our meals were excellent. I had the veal parmesan and the wife had scallop/gnocchi special. Waitress was competent and attentive although she didn't know everything about the food and prices. Good choices on the wine list and good pours. Overall a great value and will return. After our check was delivered and signed, we sat and talked with our friends who also loved their meals. The restaurant was not close to closing but it was late enough that there was no longer a wait and some empty tables. We sat for about 45 minutes. I would have loved if someone had refilled my water or asked if we needed anything else. Would have given it an excellent if the service had been a little stronger.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

This place makes one of the best pizza's we've ever had. Try the simplest one - sauce, homemade mozzarella, and basil. Meals are excellent and reasonably priced.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

The food here is always great. And they have a grea wine list. You can sit inside or out - and the service is consistanly good. The prices are a little high - but you get hearty portiions for it.

Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I go here often for date night. We love getting a sidewalk table but inside is great too. The menu has plenty to offer and better prices than the pretentious place across the street. Bella Brava is always busy which means others know how great this place is. My favorite is the chicken piccata. Skip dessert though and go to pachugo. See my review on it (its also ranked #1 in st. Pete).