“Bravo, Bella Brava!”
Review of BellaBrava

Ranked #15 of 952 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Contemporary
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave NE
Transit: Looper Trolley Stop 4, Museum of Fine Arts, Beach Dr
Description: Contemporary Italian fare with a New World interpretation. Extensive beer & wine selection. Outdoor seating on beautiful Beach Drive.
Reviewed January 8, 2013

On a beautiful Saturday afternoon, eating outside made the meal perfect. We went with friends, and we each had something different: the special, which was Fig Jam & Gruyere Cheese on focaccia bread; the Veggie Panino, also on focaccia bread; the Sausage & Peppers flatbread; the Asparagus & Crispy Prosciutto flatbread. The entire experience was a good one as all of the entrees were reasonably priced, fresh & delicious, and the service was good, We hope to enjoy more of what is available on the menu at BellaBrava in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,210)

Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

We stopped on a Saturday night without reservations and the wait was less than 30 minutes for outside table. The bar was busy but we got seats. The strawberry balsamic martini was the perfect mix of fruit and just enough sweetness but not the syrupy kind of drink that is all mix. Yum. We were seated in just under 30 minutes. The ravioli was perfect with goat cheese and pesto sauce for a meatless dish and the lasagne was outstanding if you want meat. Tomato bisque was fresh but needed more seasoning and the Caesar salad was average. Outdoor seating makes for a relaxed atmosphere. Wish we had been with a group to try more dishes. The place was busy and service was great.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

this is just a few blocks from my condo, but even if it weren't it's a place worth driving to. The food is always wonderful and the bartenders here are some of the best in the downtown area, you won't ever wait long for a cocktail.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Continuing our honeymoon, my husband and I went to Bella Brava in early December 2012.

He ordered the tomato bisque as an appetizer, but was disappointed in it. I tried a spoonful and agreed that it tasted like a weak pasta sauce. However, he was extremely happy with the pistachio-encrusted salmon. The portion size was very good and he kept going on about how tasty it was. He wasn't thrilled with the mashed potatoes, but I tried them and thought they were quite good. I ordered the lasagna, which to me is the true test of an Italian eatery. It's a different take on lasagna than I'm used to, but it's probably my 3rd-favorite behind La Bella Pizzeria and Villa Valenti, both in Wynantskill NY.

Our server was very friendly and efficient. You can watch the other servers and see that they are also top-notch. Bella Brava is noted for being friendly to gays, which is why we chose to spend a night of our honeymoon here. We felt at home in a city far from home. While it can be crowded, it's still a great place for a romantic night out.

The place was quite busy for a weeknight, with most of the outside tables taken. We chose to eat indoors, which is rather noisy but still fun.

Kind of a cool thing - we're always watching House Hunters on HGTV. We thought it was pretty neat when we saw a woman who had appeared on the show a couple of years ago dining at Bella Brava in January 2012.

If we hadn't been here a few times before and I had just this visit on which to base my rating, I'd have given Bella Brava an excellent rating. Previous experiences have been good to excellent, with portion size and the taste of some items being issues in the past. However, we do plan to frequent Bella Brava many more times. Certainly a place where we'd bring family and friends.

rlsand, Owner at BellaBrava, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thanks, Charlie! And Thanks for sharing your honeymoon with us. Congratulations! Hope to see you again when you're in town.

Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

It was so good we almost went back again for dinner. We stopped for a quick lunch and it turned into a long lunch. They have a great cocktail menu...I think that's why lunch lasted as long as it did. We had a Sicilian pizza and they bolognese ravioli. That was a great combo to split and the food was fantastic. Atmosphere was great. Waiter was great. We were so pleasantly surprised by a wonderful meal.

1  Thank Fireflyfarm