“I live local so”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 2nd Ave NE
Transit: Looper Trolley Stop 4, Museum of Fine Arts, Beach Dr
Description: Contemporary Italian fare with a New World interpretation. Extensive beer & wine selection. Outdoor seating on beautiful Beach Drive.
Reviewed December 31, 2012

this is just a few blocks from my condo, but even if it weren't it's a place worth driving to. The food is always wonderful and the bartenders here are some of the best in the downtown area, you won't ever wait long for a cocktail.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed December 6, 2012

Continuing our honeymoon, my husband and I went to Bella Brava in early December 2012.

He ordered the tomato bisque as an appetizer, but was disappointed in it. I tried a spoonful and agreed that it tasted like a weak pasta sauce. However, he was extremely happy with the pistachio-encrusted salmon. The portion size was very good and he kept going on about how tasty it was. He wasn't thrilled with the mashed potatoes, but I tried them and thought they were quite good. I ordered the lasagna, which to me is the true test of an Italian eatery. It's a different take on lasagna than I'm used to, but it's probably my 3rd-favorite behind La Bella Pizzeria and Villa Valenti, both in Wynantskill NY.

Our server was very friendly and efficient. You can watch the other servers and see that they are also top-notch. Bella Brava is noted for being friendly to gays, which is why we chose to spend a night of our honeymoon here. We felt at home in a city far from home. While it can be crowded, it's still a great place for a romantic night out.

The place was quite busy for a weeknight, with most of the outside tables taken. We chose to eat indoors, which is rather noisy but still fun.

Kind of a cool thing - we're always watching House Hunters on HGTV. We thought it was pretty neat when we saw a woman who had appeared on the show a couple of years ago dining at Bella Brava in January 2012.

If we hadn't been here a few times before and I had just this visit on which to base my rating, I'd have given Bella Brava an excellent rating. Previous experiences have been good to excellent, with portion size and the taste of some items being issues in the past. However, we do plan to frequent Bella Brava many more times. Certainly a place where we'd bring family and friends.

rlsand, Owner at BellaBrava, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thanks, Charlie! And Thanks for sharing your honeymoon with us. Congratulations! Hope to see you again when you're in town.

Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

It was so good we almost went back again for dinner. We stopped for a quick lunch and it turned into a long lunch. They have a great cocktail menu...I think that's why lunch lasted as long as it did. We had a Sicilian pizza and they bolognese ravioli. That was a great combo to split and the food was fantastic. Atmosphere was great. Waiter was great. We were so pleasantly surprised by a wonderful meal.

1  Thank Fireflyfarm
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

We were a party of six at 6:00 on a Friday evening. I was not familiar with the restaurants in the area so I chose this site to help me pick iand I'm so glad I did!
We ordered the mussels and carpaccio as starters and for entrées we had the wedge salad with sirloin steak, the grouper special, rigatoni, four cheese pizza,and another specialty salad. The portions were large, but manageable and the flavors were tantalizing. Service was excellent and although we were in a rush to catch the Cirque du Soleil show, we never felt rushed.
Valet parking was a true life/show saver.
There was something on the menu for everyone and the prices were very reasonable for the quality of food and service we received!
We will be back!!!
Deborah

1  Thank DeborahZ2
Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was in St. Pete for an over night business trip and the hotel recommended Bella Brava as a nice Italian restaurant. I was alone and sat near the bar. The service was exceptional, everyone was very friendly & knowledgeable. I ordered the spinach salad, a large class of pinot noir, and spaghetti for my main course. The server perfectly timed everything and I had a nice relaxed dinner. They do have outdoor seating as well, i prefer inside. The only complaint I might add is that the spaghetti was al dente, and I like mine softer. So if you like your pasta softer, you may want to request it ahead of time. It was still delicious al dente and I highly recommend this restaurant!

1  Thank Mia32931