I booked this hotel on Hotwire thinking that the location was downtown, but I was wrong. The location is north of downtown very close (Cracker Barrel close) to 275. The location ended up being just fine for us-a great middle point between the museum area and the beaches. Everything we wanted to do was a very short drive from the hotel.
The front desk and maintenance staff were all super friendly. I cannot complain about the service. Oh, and the rooms come with a mini fridge and microwave which is very convenient.
The first thing I noticed upon approaching our room(205) was the strong odor of disinfectant. It was even stronger in the room. So, either the place is clean or gives the impression that it is clean. The carpet is a brown color which can hide dirt well. The linens and bathroom were spotless. I don't know what they use to scrub the room, but if you have a sensitivity to these odors, you might have a problem.
The standard rooms are large, good for families. We took advantage of the free breakfast which included the standard bread and pastry items along with eggs and bacon and biscuits and gravy. Very nice spread and a large area with tables to eat.
We didn't use the outdoor pool. It is there, overlooking a parking lot. I used the very basic fitness center-an elliptical bike, and treadmill. One pair of dumbbell weights. A TV and a mat. Ok for a quick cardio workout.
The big negative about this hotel is the noise. The walls are paper thin and we clearly heard the family next to us and the people above us all night. There was a constant thump of footsteps whenever we were in the room.
I prefer to stay in more central locations, but if we were to do a trip with multiple destinations around the area, I would consider staying here again. The price was right for what we got.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take a Virtual Tour of the hotel.Come and explore the beauty of St. Petersburg, FL here at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg, Home of Tampa Bay Rays! This newly refreshed property is conveniently located in a quite area off of I-275, and is only minutes away from Tropicana Field, Tampa International Airport (TPA), St. Pete-Clearwater Airport (PIE), Downtown Saint Pete. & other major attractions.During your stay experience & enjoy our excellent service, hot breakfast bar every morning, check your email at the business center, relax at the heated pool, or workout at the fitness center. Visit the Cracker Barrel, steps away from the hotel, or discover new cuisine at many other easily accessible Tampa Bay Restaurants. Attractions within 5 MI: Tropicana Field, Vinoy Golf Resort, Mahaffey Theater, The Coliseum, The Pier & Aquarium, Baywalk Mall, Sunken Garden, & Salvador Dali Museum. Within 30 MI: award winning beaches, Skyway Bridge, Busch Gardens, Ft. Desoto Park, & Raymond James Stadium.Business parks within 5 MI: Downtown St. Petersburg, Gateway Business Centre, Koger Center, and Carillon Business Center. Hospitals within 5 MI: All Children s Hospital, Bay Front Medical Center, St. Anthony s Hospital, Edward White Hospital, Northside Hospital, Bay Pines VA Medical Center, and St. Petersburg General Hospital. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites St. Petersburg North i-275
- Holiday Inn St Petersburg
- Holiday Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Holiday Inn