“HI Express ST. Pete Good Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275
Ranked #26 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stayed here June 29th for 1 night and found the hotel more than adequate, everyone was nice the room was clean, and the bed good. The room carpet was old, needs replacing but otherwise very nice. The breakfast offerings were also good.

We wre there to go to a Tampa Bay Rays game the hotel offers a shuttle to the game and back, but we did not use as we had alread purchsed parking at the stadium.

Only resturant close is Cracker Barrell but hotel gave us map to other restaurants, about 5-7 minutes away, included Outback, Chilis, many others to choose from.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jhkimmel
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Jhkimmel,

Thank you for your review!
We appreciate your opinion and we are glad to know you were satisfied with your stay.

We hope next time you can take advantage of our free shuttle to the Tropicana Stadium!

Regards, Management.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was passing through town for business and stayed one night at this hotel with the family. The service was excellent. The central location was convienent for the purpose of this particular stay. It is just a little far from the beach for my normal activities in St Pete, but I would highly recommend this property if you have business in the area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Dear Feltish,

We appreciate your review about your stay at Holiday Inn Express St. Petersburg.

We have a great location close to most of St. Pete's attractions and close to 275 making it easy to get anywhere and we are glad that worked for your business trip.

We hope next time you are in town we can welcome you back!

Management.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This hotel is at a good location, it was near to the places we visited for our anniversary. We had stayed here for our honeymoon way back when, and it was nicer than we remembered it so they have been keeping the place up nicely. When we walked in we felt like the lobby was clean and smelled nice, we saw comfortable couches to sit at with pretty pictures and plants all around. The front desk staff was really friendly and helpful when we checked in. When we made special requests later they were very accommodating and made us feel welcome and that goes a long way when you are far away from home. The room was clean and cozy - again, nicer than we remembered. Bed was a little firm for my taste but we still had a really good time while we were at the hotel. It was nice and quiet during our stay, I am a light sleeper and I wasn’t woken up by any loud noises in the hallway or in the nearby rooms. They have a cute breakfast area that felt like a café with all the tables. We didn’t use it but we saw there was a business center with a computer and a printer. We’ll come back again, thank you for taking care of us and making our stay a good one.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Dear Laura B,

Thank you for your review!

We here at Holiday Inn Express St. Petersburg are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.
We hope to welcome you again in the near future!

Management.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night because I was attending a concert at State Theater downtown. The location is nice, very easy to get to off the interstate, you kind of have to cut through the Cracker Barrel parking lot to get into the parking area, but it's not too confusing. Check in was easy, I was at the hotel a little early (around 2, check in was at 4) but they were able to get me a room and waived the early check-in fee.
The room was clean, fairly unremarkable, decent size, good linens, nice towels (water pressure not good in the shower though.) and even though we overlooked the parking lot, the room wasn't overly loud, didn't notice any road noise from the interstate nearby. A/C in the room was the older, under the window type, but worked phenomenally well, our room was freezing, which was welcome after a late night downtown.
Breakfast area was large, clean and well staffed, food items were of the standard free breakfast variety, but tasted fine, there is a Cracker Barrel right next door if you are looking for more. Coffee was a little weak, but passable.
All in all, it is a perfectly clean and convenient place to sleep and have breakfast.

Room Tip: lobby is pretty busy around breakfast time, I'd avoid first floor rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Dear Mindy F,

Thank you for your review about our hotel.

We were glad to hear about your comments and we hope to welcome you again in the future at Holiday Inn Express St. Peterburg!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

The service in this hotel is awesome. Really the front desk staff did an awesome job. The real problem with the hotel is it is just a little old. It really needs to be renovated. Seem new carpet some new furniture fresh paint. A facelift basically. The locatin is great and the staff is awesome, if the hotel was just updated this would be a real gem. I do have to admit for what the staff is working with, including the cleaning crew it is not a bad place if the price is right.

Room Tip: The suites are very very small. If the staff would take some of the furniture out it would be much...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Florida A,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel.
We are constantly working to improve our facilities and we appreciate your comments.

We are very pleased to read that you enjoyed the service provided by our staff! We'll share your review with all of our employees.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel during Memorial Day Weekend. Hotel is easy to find right off Interstate and right next to a very convenient Cracker Barrel Restaurant. We arrived before check-in time but our room was ready and the desk clerk was excellent! (sorry cant remember his name but he was young and worked Thursday 5/23/2013 at 2 pm) All the employees greeted us each time we saw them. The housekeeper for our room was very friendly and polite. The room was clean and the beds and bed linens very clean. Breakfast was included and the breakfast room was clean and well stocked each of the mornings we stayed. The breakfast attendant was efficient and friendly. The cinnamon rolls were great! It is a great hotel to stay at when attending a Ray's Baseball game at Tropicana Field! Just 5 minutes away. We attended an event at the Mahaffey Theatre and it was just 10 minutes away. This hotel is in a residential area so there isn't much food places or shopping nearby. There was a Waffle House and gas station North of the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Dear ScottPamR,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about your stay in our hotel.

We are happy to read that the staff was welcoming and we'll be sure to share with everyone your comments about Josh and your check in experience.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

If you are looking for a simple hotel this may be it. I stayed at this hotel for 4 day and was out and about most of the days. It served more as a home base for me. It met all my needs of affordability, clean and location. Rooms were cleaned daily and never had an issue. Staff was knowledgeable and nice.

I didn't get in the pool but did sit next to the pool one evening. It was small, and again basic. The gym had one treadmill, one ellipitical, one bicycle and one set of weights. Also, pleasantly surprised with the breakfast. It had regular continental breakfast items along with hot items. I loved the cinnabuns they had. I don't think I was the only one who was suprised with the breakfast spread.

All in all, this hotel had everything I was looking for and no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear marya009,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay in out property.
It's great to know that we were able to provide all that you were looking for and, that you enjoyed our breakfast so much. The cinnamon rolls are really delicious aren't they?

We hope to welcome you again in the future.