“Mold, mold, and more mold”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275
Ranked #27 of 41 Hotels in St. Petersburg
“Mold, mold, and more mold”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

My friend and I went down to for a business trip, when we arrived we were told that we had been charged a no show fee for our reservation the night before, which was a mix up and we told them that we needed to stay the night of the 20th instead, our boss was paying for the room and sent down a credit card authorization for the night of the 20th, not the 19th. But she was charged anyways without authorization for her credit card, I asked to speak with the GM everyday before we left for business but we were always told he was not in. Once we finally got checked into our room it reeked of mold, when we went down to the desk and informed the staff they told us that they knew about the problem and said they would try and find us another room, after going into 5 other rooms we finally found one that didn't smell like mold. Now that we are home I am finding that I have $415.00 worth of charges on my credit card with an additional $415.00 hold even though it was only supposed to be charged for one night! I have been calling the hotel for a week now and I can not get the GM or the assistant GM to call me back! One of the worst experiences I have ever had with a Holiday Inn Express, I have always showed preference to this chain because it was known for its cleanliness and good service, IHG should be embarrassed to have this be one of their properties. We stayed for a total of 3 nights and every day there was a new problem that was always passed onto someone else. The other 2 nights were supposed to be charged to the other person's card, I hope she is having better luck than I am!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank anotheropinion21
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear anotheropinion21,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your feedback. I am truly disappointed to hear of the inconvenience you experienced during your stay. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Regards,

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Salem CT
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I guess it could be worse, but as I mentioned in my title, the smell of cigarettes was awful. In addition, at 2:30 AM I was awakened by the crying/sobbing of a woman and a very angry male yelling. I would not recommend this hotel, even at the reduced price of $55.00 secured through Priceline.com I can say it was fairly clean, and the bed was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear KarenC2020,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent. I am so glad you liked the cleanliness of your room. Please accept my sincerest apology for the issues you had with the smell of the cigarette smoke. I am also sorry for the inconvenience you may have experienced due to the noise. I understand the discomfort this has caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us a chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
sandersville
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a great 2 day stay in St. Petersburg, Fla. The staff was very polite and helpful with directions to local food places and shopping spots. The breakfast was the best we have had in a long time of hotel hopping. The beds were very clean and comfortable. All of our request were met with a positive attitude. The only problem we had dealt with the heater. We were a little cool so we turned on the heat to warm the room up a little. The heater probably had not been used since last winter so it began to put out a musty burnt smell. This caused the fire alarm to come on in the room. We called the front desk but they were not aware that the smoke alarm was ringing, well we were a little concerned about that. They sent the maintenance man who removed the smoke detector alarm and never returned to replace it, so we spent our remainer of the trip with NO SMOKE ALARM in our room. Everything was good except that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank angeldee52
Jamesburg, New Jersey
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed for one night. We arrived late and we were out early the next morning. I slept good. Nothing to complain about. Staff was pleasant when we arrived. There is a Cracker Barrel right next door. This was for a business trip in the area. The hotel sits next to a highway, so there didnt seem to be very much in the area besides the restaurant.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Venice, Florida
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My wife and I went to see the RedSox play the Rays and since it was a night game we booked a night's stay at this hotel. They have a free shuttle to and from the ball park, but if you wanted to drive the field is only four exits away. The hotel staff is outstanding and their complimentary Smart Start breakfast is one of the best! This is one of our favorite Holiday Inn hotels.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank albp14t
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed August 11, 2012 via mobile

The room was clean, but we had to ask for a sheet/pillow/blanket set for the pull-out bed. Great to have a full kitchen, but with no pots/pans/utensils, it was useless. The pool was nice. Breakfast is great with a LOT to choose from.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank OrlandoFLutterbyGirl
Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here in July after a 15 hour drive the staff was helpful and the room was very clean and bed was comfortable. Nice pool out back several places close by to get a good meal. Would stay here again if we ever in the area.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple