“You get what you pay for...”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275
Ranked #25 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We originally booked another hotel (won't say which one) because it was cheaper than this one. We switched to this hotel last minute because of the filth we saw at the hotel we booked, and luckily they had rooms available. Upon arrival after driving nearly 22 hours that day, the staff treated us great and got us in a room very quickly. The room was very clean and everything worked as it should (Air conditioners, TV, alarm clock, and both wired and wireless internet which were free of charge). The breakfast was better than others I have had because they had quite a selection available. The hotel was completely gated off which I thought was great, and the front door and side doors all stayed locked at night. The hotel staff was very nice and always stood up and rendered us a pleasant greeting whenever we entered or exited the hotel. There was one day that they took our dirty towels and failed to replace them, but this was quickly resolved by simply calling the front desk and we had 2 new ones within about 5 minutes. As another reviewer said, we also experienced some noisy tenets above our floor for one of our days, but it wasn’t too terrible. They quieted down after awhile. I will definitely be staying here again....

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brandon B

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Situated just beside the highway in a quiet block, close to Cracker Barrel if you fancy old time food. Nice beds and a real breakfast with fruit and hot items. We used the pool area, small but enough for the few people that used it. Pool could be cleaned better. Friendly staff and reasonable prized.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ResenarSverige
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Hotel and both nights were great. The staff was very friendly, Lisa and Craig, also a mention to the lady working the breakfast area on June 30th in the morning. The shuttle over to the Rays game was amazing, picked us up and dropped us off with no hassles at all. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone, quick 20 minute trip to the beach, or back into Tampa. Thank you Holiday Inn for a nice stay. You don't get an excellent for no mints on my pillow.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Steve F
Raj T, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites St. Petersburg North I-275, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Hello Steve F

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express,St Petersburg.Our staff is always extremely pleased to hear how they are doing and i will make sure that i pass on your kind words to Lisa,Craig and to our breakfast staff as well.
Our complimentary shuttle service to and from the Tropicana Field is a always a huge hit with all our guests as it takes the issue of getting to the stadium and back out of the equation all together whereby you can enjoy the game and not have to worry about traffic and parking
We once again would like to thank you for choosing us and look forward to assisting you with your future lodging needs in St.Petersburg.FL.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

This was my first visit to the Tampa/St. Petersburg area. I got caught in bad weather trying to get back home the St. Pete bridge was closed due to bad weather conditions of tropical storm debby and tornados watches was in place.

I think I was too worried about the weather to enjoy my one night stay but the front desk gentleman was very polite and had words of comfort to me since I was travelliing alone and was caught in the stormy. My room on the clean large and spacious beds were very comfortable.

My only complaint was the light from the pool area came in between my window through white curtains the privacy drapes the rod did not extend to closed the area that was open for me creating a privacy issue because there is a back parking lot and I was on the ground floor room 122.

I enjoy my breaksfast before I headed out the next day requested a late check out which the accomodated me but I decided to leave before check out and head home.

If I ever visit the St Pete area I would book at this location and enjoy eating next door to Cracker Barrel

Room Tip: Nice breaksfast selection
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Hello Jarrieta55,

Thank You ! for your kind words and are pleased that we could be of assistance during your travels in bad weather.I will certainly pass on the compliment to the front desk staff.We have also noted your comment on the blinds not closing all the way and have assigned the appropriate personel to resolve it

Reviewed June 21, 2012

I recently stayed here while in town for some Rays baseball games. I chose to stay here based on recent reviews and location. It was exactly what I was expecting. The service was great and rooms were clean. The area surrounding the hotel seemed safe and pretty quiet. The complimentary shuttle service provided for Rays home games is great. It runs every half hour for two hours before the game starts and an hour after the game. I attended the the 15 inning game against the Marlins but no worries, the shuttle was waiting for me after the game. Overall, this is an excellent place to stay while in St. Pete, and I will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Adam850

Hello Adam850

We are pleased to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable while you were in town to watch the Rays and that you were able to make use of our free shuttle service to and from the games.We hope to see you again if you are ever in the St.Petersburg,FL area

Reviewed May 2, 2012

I travel all over west FL. and when i have to go to Pinnellas county I stay with Lisa and the good people of Holiday Inn Express. They treat me right and are the freindliest of all hotels there. They know me when I walk in and know what I expect and always deliver.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gregg H

Hello Gregg H,

Thank You ! for all your kind words towards our staff and Lisa.Our staff loves hearing about how they are doing and I will make sure to pass on the compliments and look forward to taking care of your lodging needs next time you are in the St Petersburg Fl area

Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed at this hotel because of the good reviews. Actually, we expected just a bit better, but it was still fine. The neighborhood around the hotel was safe and quiet, and the room was clean, and smelled clean too. The beds were comfortable. There was a CrackerBarrel restaurant right next door. The only downside to our stay was a slow-draining tub, but when we told the clerk about it the next morning, it was taken are of and worked beautifully that night. Also, the first night, the sheets felt damp. There must have been a houseful of guests on Friday and they didn't have time to fully dry them, because the next night, the sheets were dry. The clerks and the housekeeping staff were friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Susan K

Hello Susan K,
I am pleased to hear that you decided to stay with us during your visit to St Petersburg,but also dissapointed that we did not meet your expectations as our goal here is to always exceed them.I am glad to hear that we took care of the opurtunities that we had with the room and will continue to make sure that such oppurtunities do not arise in the future.Looking forward to meet your lodging needs the next time you are on St Petersburg Fl