“Wonderful Essence of Florida”

Florida Orange Groves and Winery
Ranked #19 of 130 things to do in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Florida Orange Groves Winery is Florida’s original tropical fruit winery, producing over 43 different varieties of tropical wines and offering tasting and tours daily. Each of our flavored wines are made from 100% juice, never grape base, creating premium tropical wines with true fruit flavors. With unique options such as Key Lime, Hurricane White Sangria and Mango Momma, you’ll be relieved to sip on wine that actually tastes good!
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We first visited their retail outlet in Key West & purchased several wines. So we wanted to experience the winery itself. What a unique place, delicious fruit wines as well as candies, jellies etc.. Lovely folks who work there are so happy to tell the story of how the wines came about, as well as guiding you thru the process of tasting & purchasing wines. Certainly worth a visit & taste.

BotLakePlacid, Owner at Florida Orange Groves and Winery, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2013

Jellies, candy, and of course, wine—sounds like our kind of tasting! Thanks for taking the time to come out and see us. We can't wait to have you back for more fabulous wines!

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Had to stop to see what this was all about. Bought 2 wines, Key Linen and Coconut, along with the smoothie mix and can't wait to try them. The early morning taste test made me want to come back for more so I returned the next day and brought a friend who also found that the wine was amazing and bought a couple of bottles.

1  Thank casinogal
BotLakePlacid, Owner at Florida Orange Groves and Winery, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Key Lime and Coconut—now that's the flavor of Florida! So glad that you've loved every sip, and we hope to have you back next time you're in town!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Great local Florida experience. The "wine" is made from local flavors and will challenge your idea of how wine is supposed to taste. Extremely friendly service. Lots of wines to choose from at the free tasting. You also get to sample quite a few for a free tasting. The tour is about 20 minutes and fun.

Only downside is the wines are on the pricier side (that is, if you're used to buying wine at your local grocery store) averaging $20+ per bottle. However, these wines are so unique that it's hard to pass up buying a few bottles while you're there.

Overall a great experience that I recommend. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank Chris M
BotLakePlacid, Owner at Florida Orange Groves and Winery, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Yup, this is a completely new way to enjoy wine! I'm so glad that you loved every sip, Chris. Thanks, and please come back and see us next time you're in Florida!

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Do you usually pay 25$ for a bottle of wine? I don't; I'm a 10-15$ guy for something solid. Terrific place to buy a bottle or two the unique real fruity Florida wines. Just hold on to your wallet.

BotLakePlacid, Owner at Florida Orange Groves and Winery, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

I am so sorry you were disappointed with our pricing. We strive to make the highest quality wine while offering it at a fair retail price. As you mentioned, all of our wines are made with 100% of the juice indicated by the label. Our wines are not cheep grape wines infused with flavor. This is the reason our wine is priced the way it is. We've always believed that our outstanding quality is well worth the price. Still, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed them, and I hope you'll consider visiting us again next time you need to unwind.

Best,

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stopped by on a whim after seeing signs. Loved the wine tasting, got to try many of their delicious local wines such as grapefruit, and tangerine. Very different ! I would have loved to purchase a supply but I was flying, and unfortuneatly, they can't ship to Pennsylvania. (Pennsylvania rules; not theirs). So sad. Next time I drive down I will stock up :)

BotLakePlacid, Owner at Florida Orange Groves and Winery, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

So glad you loved every second of your visit! However, we actually can ship to Pennsylvania. I'm sorry about the confusion, but we'd be happy to place your order whenever you're ready. Until then, thanks for stopping by, and for the kind words!