“Very tasty wine!”

Florida Orange Groves and Winery
Ranked #12 of 140 things to do in St. Petersburg
More attraction details
Owner description: Florida Orange Groves Winery is Florida’s original tropical fruit winery, producing over 43 different varieties of tropical wines and offering tasting and tours daily. Each of our flavored wines are made from 100% juice, never grape base, creating premium tropical wines with true fruit flavors. With unique options such as Key Lime, Hurricane White Sangria and Mango Momma, you’ll be relieved to sip on wine that actually tastes good!
Reviewed September 15, 2012

Dropped in close to closing time, but they were more than willing to help. We enjoyed tasting several different wines at the wine bar, and found one we really enjoyed.
Staff was very friendly, and welcoming!

All reviews
in 51 reviews
"hurricane"
in 38 reviews

Reviewed September 11, 2012

I am a person that doesn't like wine at all. I think it taste nasty and bitter even the sweet stuff! After visiting this winery, I absolutely their wine. They have a wide variety of different fruit wines. My favorite was the hurricane. The people are very friendly. You can sample as many wines as you like. The tour is free and no bottle of wine is over $20!!! This is a must see and taste if you are in the area.

Reviewed September 10, 2012

They were so friendly, even though I'm not big on sweet wines they were so great we bought 2 bottles anyway

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I drive past here everyday and when a friend was in town finally went in. Really interesting variety of fruit wines and fun wine tasting.

See more reviews
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have to admit, I approached this place with a fair amount of skepticism. I have done quite a bit of wine "research" in my life and of course made the usual pilgrimages to Napa and Finger Lakes and all the lesser wine spots in between. Mango wine? Pineapple wine? Seriously, how good could they be? Surprisingly good, as it turns out. These are great-tasting, playful, well-made wines. The Hurricane 5 white sangria was my favorite. Delicious! We bought several bottles to take back home. We took the tour but unfortunately the tour guide apparently didn't know the first thing about making wines, so she couldn't tell us much about how the wines were made. Before I visited this place I would have guessed that these fruit wines were simply grape-based wines with fruit flavoring added. However, after touring this place, I do not think that this is the case. Instead, it looked to me that these folks are making real wines out of tropical fruits with traditional wine-making methods. Bravo to them. Quite a trick to make fruit wines so tasty too. I will be back.

1  Thank thewagabond