“Found a new home in St. Pete”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast
Ranked #21 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
A TripAdvisor Member
Gainesville, Florida, USA
Reviewed April 25, 2013

The Northeast St. Pete LQ is just what we were looking for. Not too big, not too small. The location is great for all the things we want and need to do when visiting family and friends. The amenities meet all of our expectations.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vinay P, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here. Thank you for the good review on this website - that is much appreciated. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel was a great find in St. Petersburg. Extremely clean and very comfortable and the staff was more than friendly and very helpful. If we have to be in this area again we will definitely stay at this LaQuinta.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Barbara C
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thank you for your review. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay here and hope to see you again soon. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel was exactly what we needed, a nice, clean and convenient place to relax. The check-in process was easy and the room was ready when we arrived at 3:30 pm. Although our room was close to the elevator, we couldn't hear too much noise. The A/C was nice and cold and the shower was clean, large, and hot. Although the pool is small, it was perfect for a quick dip before getting ready to go out for the evening. I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it. We didn't get breakfast in the lobby, but walked next door to a cute german bakery and came back to relax in the room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank pomaikai
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a Trip Advisor review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We would love to see you again if you ever require lodging in the St. Pete area. Have a wonderdul day!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We spent 5 days at this hotel and were very unhappy. The rooms are very small. The area surrounding the hotel was not a nice neighborhood at all. Very inner city feel and safety was kind of a concern. The pool is not heated and sits about 10 feet off the road which is a four lane highway. Our room was not cleaned daily. One day we arrived in to find only one bed made the next we had new towels and neither bed made and garbage left overflowing. I complained at the front desk and was promised it would be cleaned the next day. When we returned the next day our beds were made but the sheets had not been changed. My son had gotten chocolate on the sheet 2 days before yet they just made his bed right over the dirty sheets!

The free breakfast was waffles, cereal, bread and hard boiled eggs. That would be fine but they ran out of things each morning such as milk or waffle batter and did not refill them. They also had only 5 tables to eat at.

I have never written a review before but really want people to know this place was not a good place for a family trip. We booked through Hotwire and tried to get out of the hotel and unfortunately they would not do anything to help us and our room was nonrefundable. We basically stayed out all day and only returned to shower and sleep.

We also were woken up early by barking dogs as we did not know this was a pet friendly hotel which probably explains the stained hallway rugs.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank Areiss1
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

My sincere apologies for the problems you experienced. I assure you they are not typical. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about issues we need to address.

A La Quinta traveler
Dade City, Florida, USA
Reviewed March 2, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was in town for business for a couple of days. The staff was friendly and the rooms (and common areas) were very clean. It was a great location for me as well. I will not hesitate in staying here again when i need to be in St. Pete.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Vinay P, Owner at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

I am gald you enjoyed your stay. Please come back again in the future. Thanks for taking the time to write.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here 3 nights ultimately because it was the only "decently" priced hotel. However, at $100 a night I believe this is severely overpriced.

Upon our check-in we were slapped in the face by some fragance they pump into the halls, the elevator had a horrible smell as well.

The room itself seemed clean, however with further inspection of the bed I found a hair but brushed it off as probably the housekeepers. The bathtub had some scum on it. When using the bathroom sink to wash my face I smelled something odd coming from the water or pipes. However, we felt we could deal with this.

Early morning after using the washroom I walked back into the room and was slapped (yet again) with a stench of mold. This obviously came from the air conditioner.

Having no where else to stay without paying a ridiculously inflated rate we decided to stick it out for 2 more nights smells.

Breakfast was TERRIBLE, they raved about it at check-in but we only ate here once and barely. They have waffles, coffee, various cereals to choose from but the kicker is the eggs. The eggs are ready made "omelettes" with a piece of chedder cheese in the middle. You have to MICROWAVE IT as it is ICE COLD in order to eat it, and I watched as the manager went into a storage room to grab more, gross. There are also no meats.

If management reads this review, please do something about the moldy air conditioners and the fragance in your hallways in which you're likely trying to hide another smell. Invest some money and this could be a very nice place (your staff was helpful). Mold is not something any of your guests should be exposed to. Invest in a better breakfast, too.

I will likely not stay in this chain again (unless I'm desperate like this time around).

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments. I will make sure that housekeeping addresses the A/C issue - they normally do ongoingly on a rotating schedule; perhaps they inadvertantly missed one. My apologies, and thanks again for taking the time to write.