“Minor maintenance issues, but overall a good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast
Ranked #16 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Des Moines, Iowa
“Minor maintenance issues, but overall a good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013

We stayed several days & had to make a change of room twice when the maintenance person was not available to solve each of the problems before nightfall. Breakfast was good, staff were helpful, rooms were not as large as I'd hoped, but adequate. Beds were very comfortable and we slept well. Overall it was a good hotel. Would probably stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from traffic.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review the propertyand for bringing the maintenance issues to our attention. Thank you for staying with us. We certainly hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
White Stone, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

The wifi did not work in our first assigned room. Staff cheerfully reassigned us. We were traveling with our small dog. Very pleased with the hotel though the location is not the best. I am always glad to have the chance to rate my stays, though having to write 200 characters in addition to clicking the dots is a little annoying.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. The WIFI issue has been addessed. I am glad that my staff were able to accomodate you during your stay with us. We hope to see you again the next time you need to be in St. Petersburg
Palm Beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

Our check in was quick and easy. The room although small was very clean, as was the bathroom. Breakfast area was good and it was clean too. Staff was friendly. Waiting on the pending charges to clear one credit card to go to the other, but that's normal. All in all a nice trip and would stay there again. Only 'con' parking gets a little tight if hotel if full.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you or taking the time to publish a review. I am happy that you found the hotel satisfactory. We hope to see you again if you are ever in St. Petersburg
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012

We went for only one night, our principal interest was to visit the Dali museun. Perfect location, close to downtown using a car, about 10 minutes. The room was clean, fare price, nice staff, average breakfast, bagles, cereal, waffles, coffee, bananas, yogourt, orange and apple juice. Good relation price and offer.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank raul p
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your kind words. If you are in St. Petersburg again, we hope to see you.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

We made a standard visit/stay at the hotel. Called it standard as we travel as a family very often. Came to St Pete for a boys gymnastics competition. In the middle of the night a car alarm went off, it was going on and off and unfortunately this woke up our family. I went to the front desk to ask if they could call the owner and the front desk lady within a few seconds labeled me as being rude and obnoxious. I explained to her that I'm just coming to ask for help as it was impossible to sleep like this. She continued with this accusations and I explained that probably we would just check out and look for another place even if it is 2:00 am. (By the way, it is 3:10 right now and the car alarm still goes on and off). As she went on telling me how I lacked of education I asked for her name and she said that "for a bad complaint she wouldn't give me her name" I called La Quinta customer service and the recording line stated that they're closed. I called reservations and asked for the manager's name. As I did, the front desk lady called the police!!! When the police came she found a husband, wife and nine year old girl waiting for them, spoke to us and had no problem. As she found out that there was no issue (the police was very kind and totally unbiased) she tried to provoke by saying that if I spoke to her like I did, probably I talk to my wife the same way, she found no reaction from neither one of us and the police told us that because we are not being asked to leave we could just go back to our room. So we did......
I will tak to the manager later as we check out a night before planned. However, it is important for me to write this review. As the owner of a franchised preschool, if I happen to hear about an employee with such attitude, I would let the person go unless justified and calling the police because I customer wants to complain about an employee is totally unjustified. In addition, the Brand, La Quinta will no longer be used by our family and I hope the owner/manager of this specific facility (property number 6556) does something about it. I staid at room 206 and at 3:15 am while still hearing the car's alarm and taking the time to write this review, I offer anyone from this hotel to call me to get any further details to be able to make an informative decision. I know how difficult it is for any business owner to receive reviews like this one but as a customer I am not willing to give up my rights to make a justified complaint about a service and calling the police in exchange for a complain will simply take us to become a very degraded society. Thank you.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Eddy S
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Per the conversations I had with the guest, the issue has been addressed in detail with the employee in question. She assures me that she is very sorry for what happened that night, that the matter got out of hand, and that nothing similar will ever occur again. On behalf of the hotel, I offer my sincerest apology for what happened. Thank you, TomH - AGM for VinayP
Salisbury, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is an average hotel. What is advertised as a suite is a standard hotel room with a small, 12x12 kitchen. Except for a small, bedside chair, there is no living area. Also, the kitchen is not clean and lacks cooking utensils.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Jason R
Vinay P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment. We will definitely look into replacing the cooking utensils, so that guests may fully use the kitchen to cook meals.