“All we needed for a two night stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast
Ranked #20 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed March 2, 2012

Stayed for two nights while visiting some local attractions such as the Pier, Boyd Hill Nature Park, Flea Market, Outlets and was a very pleasant hotel to stay in and return to in the evening. The only thing that could have been better is a heated swimming pool. Everything else, from the room to the breakfast and the fitness room were perfect. Room was clean, bed comfortable and hotel was not noisy.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank DM1Can
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Petersburg Northeast

Reviewed February 22, 2012

We told the clerk my husband was diabetic.He told us the rooms were nice & we'd be comfortable.We got to our room & there was no microwave, fridge or desk for our laptop. We had take out meals which we couldnt heat,we had a low nightstand for the laptop,we needed a fridge for my husbands insulin, so we had to fill the sink with water but it kept draining, so every 3 hours we had to go downstairs & get ice, so of coarse we didnt get much sleep. When we checked out they told us we should have told them we needed those items. We've stayed in alot of hotels in the last 2 weeks and have always had these things. They ended up taking $20 off but we still paid $64 for a terrible night.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank wendy a
Reviewed February 3, 2012

This seems to be a newer La Quinta and is nicely decorated and maintained. I had my dogs with me and they put me in a nice, quiet, non-smelly end room. Breakfast was average for this chain. They had free USA Today newspapers which is a nice touch. Recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 13, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for a short time but the price and quality were worth it. The rooms and beds were very comfortable and clean. The bathrooms were a little wierd but fine and clean. Only problem was the loud partying across the hallway.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amber C
Reviewed December 3, 2011

The La Quinta was a very convenient little hotel. It's right on 4th St. in St. Petersburg, and very close to 275. It's about 20 minutes to the beach and a half hour from the airport. The rooms were clean and they had a nice little continental breakfast every day. Good fresh coffee available 24 hours a day was a bonus. We had several rooms for a wedding and not a single complaint.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank Nancygjr
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Quite good price in this area, but surrounding is not very good, strange people around in the night, room was smelly as smoking but it should've been non-smoking, corridorrs smelly, good breakfast.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan M
Reviewed November 1, 2011

This hotel had the perfect location for my short business trip in St. Petersburg / Clearwater. My room was very clean and the beds comfortable. To my surprise, there was a nice area with a large granite countertop, a sink and kitchen cabinets along with the microwave and fridge. The bathroom was large and the vanity area was better and bigger than the one I had at other La Quinta properties. The work area at the desk was a little cramped and too close to the a/c unit but overall, the room met my needs. The downfall was the breakfast- not much to choose from and most guests were unhappy about it. There are no places close by for dinner and on my arrival day I had to settle for a wing house just one block away across the street. I must say that as soon as I walked into the property it smelled very fresh, like cinnamon, all the way to the second floor where I stayed, and the lobby gave me a positive impression during check in with the tiled floors. If you are going to visit St Pete for the beaches, you are better off booking a different hotel. But otherwise, if you are traveling for business or on a budget, I would recommend La Quinta. Just don’t expect more than coffee, juice, cold cereal, waffles and pre-bagged muffins for breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business