“Can't say enough”

Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park
Ranked #4 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Me and few of my friends stayed at this beautiful hotel located on a small lake. The service was great. Especially the front desk personel was very professional, friendly and they had answer to any question we had. Kuddos to all of the management staff. You're lucky to have such a great team. Absolutely recomend this place.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park

Reviewed September 4, 2010

Stayed at Hilton while in town to watch the Sox take on the Rays. This was our second consetcutive year staying at the hotel while taking in a Sox game. Clean hotel, friendly staff, convienent location. Definitely recommend the Hilton at Carillon Park.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank whatwyatt
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We wanted to spend a weekend in the Tampa/St. Pete area, but didn't want to pay the downtown prices in either city. This Hilton is an excellent option as it is in a quiet new business park area just across I-275 from Tampa. Easy on/off I-275 with access to either city in 15 minutes or so. The grounds are beautiful with a 1.2 mile boardwalk just outside the hotel that goes around a small lake with abundant birds, turtles and fish. The staff is exceptional and we managed to book a pre-paid special on-line at the Hilton website that included a full buffet breakfast---the works (from made to order omelets & pancakes to fresh fruits, cereal, oatmeal, bacon, etc!). Staff was exceptionally professional, rooms were large with balcony (ask to be in a room over the lake--we were on the 8th floor--nice & quiet).

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Becky037
Reviewed June 26, 2010

We really enjoyed our stay here. It is a large hotel in a business park near the upper end of St Petersburg. We were here on a weekend and it is primarily a business hotel so it was very quiet, although it seems solid so I think there would probably be good soundproofing even full. Loved the extras in the room like a power outlet in lamps and a free standing makeup mirror. Towels and sheets were excellent quality and light colored bedding so you could see it was clean. We went out to the boardwalk around the small lake and wetland as the sun was coming up and enjoyed the beautiful morning as well as getting some cool bird photos. Had a very good eggs Benedict in the hotel restaurant afterward. Their breakfast buffet also looked nice. All staff were friendly, fast and helpful. Not on the beach but for us a good tradeoff.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2010

Wonderful stay for a quick 2-night business trip (though if I were on vacation, I would probably prefer a location closer to downtown St. Pete). My spacious room overlooked the swimming pool, the lake, and the Carillon Park behind the hotel. The lake is rimmed by a really nice boardwalk/walking path, about three-quarters of a mile long, which made a nice start to my morning run. The park surrounding the carillon is actually quite small, but nice. I meant to take a picture of the signs warning to stay away from alligators! I didn't see any, but I did see some lovely birds (herons? osprey?).

Less than half a mile away was a Publix supermarket, which opens at 7 a.m. so it was too early for me to go in during my run, but it would definitely be convenient, because the hotel gift shop stocks only the barest of necessities.

The room itself had plenty of space, with a large 2-level desk, coffee maker, refrigerator (no minibar or microwave), and plenty of well-placed electrical outlets. I usually have a hard time finding places to plug in all my gadgets, but not at this Hilton. I took advantage of the free internet to get some work done, and was amazed that I could actually print remotely to the business center downstairs. Within several minutes I had my printed documents, at no additional charge.

The bathroom had all the usual nice amenities you find in this level of hotel, plus a lit makeup mirror -- nice touch. The hair dryer looked brand new. The only rather unusual thing was there was no toilet paper holder. I looked and looked, and finally had to use Kleenex the first time. Finally I spied a new roll, still in its wrapper, tucked in the back of the shelf with the hair dryer.

Room service food was fine, and the staff were very nice. In fact, all the staff I encountered were incredibly nice and polite. When I made a special request to the restaurant for some dishes for a meeting, they quickly accommodated me. When I called the front desk to do express check-out and asked about a shuttle to the airport, I learned one was just leaving -- a little too soon for me to make, so I would take a taxi instead. Moments later the front desk called me back to inform me the shuttle would return in 30 minutes -- apparently making a special trip for me, since it normally departs on the hour. The desk clerk and the driver (both named Earnest) were equally nice -- made the whole experience such a pleasure, whisking me to the airport within 15 minutes. The shuttle will also take you to nearby businesses.

I'm looking forward to returning, and next time I'll be on the lookout for alligator photo ops!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank gcimarron
Reviewed June 2, 2010

Our 2nd hotel on a road trip around south Florida. Approaching the hotel you can be forgiven for thinking that your on a business trip as the Carillon Park is right in the middle of a business park, however once checked in, the tranquility and surroundings take over. The back of the hotel looks out on to a lake which has a 1.2mile board walk around it, perfect for a morning jog or a sunset stroll! but most of all for spotting wildlife, we saw aligators, lots of different species of birds and turtles. The room was large, well equipped with a balcony overlooking the lake and a bed to die for! Hilton beds and bedding are amazing. Staff very friendly and helpful, the restaurant not badly priced and the food very good, drinks and service also good. The swimming pool was small but clean and most of the time we were the only people in there. I think most of the guests were business. Parking free and check 12 midday, s gave us time to have breakfast and a last minute stroll. Perfect loaction for visiting De Soto National park and North Beach and Clearwater. Downtown St Petersburg was a bit disappointing very little shopping but a nice harbour.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 24, 2010

Normally, business trips out of town for me include a stay at a Fairfield or LaQuinta. I'm not horribly picky, and there are some pretty nice mid-priced hotels in the world these days, so I normally don't complain about my lot in life in regards to travel.

However, a strange twist of events for my recent trip to St. Pete meant that I got to stay at the Hilton Carillon Park this trip. Hello, upgrade! This was a quick visit (just 1 night...less than 24 hours in town), so I wish I could have stayed longer to enjoy it, but hey, I'll take what I can get.

Checked in around 10:30 PM. I dropped my colleagues off at the door and then drove around to park (no sense everyone dragging luggage through the parking lot). If there is valet or a bell hop service, it doesn't run that late at night. The front desk was plenty friendly and I got a room fairly high up (Rm 805) with a view of the parking lot. The other side of the hotel has a much nicer view of the lagoon & the pool, but again, I'll take what I can get. The room was very nice...reminded me off any other full-service hotel that I've stayed in, but the Hilton bed takes the cake. The bed was comfy (king), the sheets were sumptuous, and I was out like a light. Good thing, since my head didn't hit the pillow until nearly midnight, and the alarm was to go off at 6.

The next AM, I realized that they have regular & HD service on the TVs. So I rocked out to CNN HD while getting ready. My view of the parking lot looked even nicer with sunlight. The bathroom wasn't huge but well appointed. LaSource toiletries were provided, but I always travel with my own. The towels were thick and soft. Only complaint in the bathroom was that the hair dryer had seen better days. It did get the job done, though.

Breakfast at Luna in the AM was good as well. They watched our luggage while we ate, service was speedy, and the food was good (huge servings of toast!). My omelette with cheddar, peppers & ham was good, and the home fries were served with peppers as well.

I would definitely stay again, but my guess is my next trip to St Pete will include a stay at the Fairfield :-p One can dream, I suppose!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business