“"Service with a Smile" Not Here”

Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park
Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed March 30, 2010

Great hotel for business. Families should stay closer to beaches. Front desk staff not helpful and had attitude. I checked in around noon and was told my room wasn't ready. I asked about the Honors Upgrade and was told come back after 3:00 and you'll get the upgrade and the room will be ready. Upon arrival later that night, I told upgrade wasn't available and the front desk clerk questioned that I had been assured the upgrade would be available earlier in the day. The sofa bed in the room had used sheets. I was only in Tampa for 24 hours so the experience was ok. Overall, the hotel is fine for business, but not a place for families. Stay closer to the beach at the new Hyatt.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (1,124)

Reviewed March 23, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton Carillon Park for four nights in March. My husband had to have emergency surgery while we were in St. Petersburg. The hotel staff was extremely considerate and helped me with various problems relating to this emergency. Also, the hotel is beautiful, well run and impeccably clean. It sits on a small lake with boardwalk and nature areas. I highly recommend the Hilton Carillon park.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2010

I stay quite often in hotels and the Hilton Carillon Park is a great choice. This is a very high quality hotel with large rooms (pay the extra $20 for the mini-suites). The bathroon in the mini-suite is huge with a spa bath and a separate large shower. The room is large (you're sitting far from the TV).

You're not near beaches (although there is a small lagoon) but you save $200 a night for that. The service is perfect.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FrancoisMontreal
Reviewed February 1, 2010

better rates on weekends, the wild animal sanctuary in back is wonderful, alligators, birds, turtles, spanish moss, one of my favorite places to run, rooms are nice cant beat hanging out on balcony over looking lagoon, although 2nd time I stayed there I had my dog with me (pet fee is outrageous $75!) and they put me on dog floor where view from balcony is roof of restaurant covered in cigarette butts !!!

restaurant is decent but breakfast is pricey for a buffet but food is good, rooms and bathrooms nice. good bed, nice fitness center, I usually ignore the pool areas but I did indulge here, nice pool next to lagoon, customer service varies

the good: lagoon/animal sanctuary in back, pool area, quite area in business park

the bad: pet fee, cigarette butts on roof below room, room rates can really vary, a bit of a hike from main freeways

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 26, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for one night for business. The rate was $129 which was great for the quality of the hotel. The service was excellent from the airport shuttle driver to the front desk, hotel bar/restaurant, and meeting room. Clean property with a great bathroom (lots of space). The outside board walk was nice. Look for the alligators. There was one that you could see from the board walk.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed January 17, 2010

This is one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. I came here for a wedding in mid-October 2009 and was pleasantly surprised with our week's stay. The rooms have been recently updated and are very clean. Be sure to request a room on the lake side (preferably with a balcony) so you can really enjoy the scenery. We requested two adjoining rooms one had two double beds and the other was a King. The King Room had the balcony and made a huge difference in the stay.

The outdoor pool and hot tub is nicely done with a great view of both the lake as well as the hotel. The restaurant/lounge can be pricey for drinks (aren't they all?) but was very good for breakfast and I would definitely eat there again.

The only drawback of the hotel is the location. There is really nothing to do in the area unless you head over the bridge. We struggled to find things to do around the area. The maid also forgot to make up my room on one of the days but when I called to let them know, it was promptly remedied.

Overall, my hotel stay here was very pleasurable and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I ever find myself in the area.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2010

We stayed at the Hilton St. Petersburg Carillon Park as part of my birthday celebration trip in Florida. The hotel's lobby and exterior are lovely. It is adjacent to a nature park which offers a beautiful location for an evening stroll.

We stayed in a junior suite with a soaking tub. The room was very clean and well appointed with a view of the nature park. The decor in the rooms was nice--what one would expect of a new Hilton hotel.

The front desk staff was very helpful and welcoming. The breakfast buffet was first rate with smoked salmon, fresh fruit, incredible oatmeal toppings, and lots of hot items. It was delicious and extensive.

I would like to emphasize the cleanliness of the public and private areas of the hotel. In particular, the cleanliness of the room was impeccable.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple