“Amazing, clean and hospitable.”

Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Bradenton
“Amazing, clean and hospitable.”
Reviewed January 12, 2010

Everyone from the front desk to the bell hop was very curteous and helpful. The rooms were clean and well stocked. The beds were very comfortable and I would definitely go back. The food in the restaurant down stairs was also very good. The location is also very centrally located with easy access to highways and other amenities.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
Naples, FL
Reviewed December 20, 2009

I've stayed at this hotel roughly 20 times in the last few years but just began bringing a laptop within the past 6 months (switched from ancient Dell to brand new Macbook). The "wireless" connection in the rooms is useless. I am writing this review from the hotel's Business Center, because connection/loading time in the room makes the computer simply a heavy travel accessory. Pen and paper would be more useful - unless you need internet access, as I do.

In addition, as I read the other reviews, I notice comments on bugs. So far, I haven't experienced bed bugs. But regularly I find hair from prior guests in the bathrooms or towels, towels at the back of the stack which are actually dusty, and dusty coffee makers; at one of my stays a year or so ago, there were false eyelashes in a hand towel and bug carcasses in the bedsheets. The housekeeping manager at that time "explained" that someone had left the room window open, bugs had entered, then died in the sheets. This was not a comforting explanation to me. Change the sheets. OTOH, they comped my room that night and occasionally give me room upgrades since I stay here regularly.

So why do I come back? At this point, I alternate between this hotel and the Marriott (former Radisson), both of which are very close to my needs. The staff at both are great and both have in-room refrigerators (necessary for meds), but I prefer the restaurant here (though they continuously shrink the menu), the Hilton has far more TV channels than the Marriott, and the outdoor setting is more peaceful at this hotel. The cleanliness standards are similar at both, and the finishes are much nicer at the Hilton (real mugs for coffee which is drinkable, better toiletries, much nicer pool, etc).

So, after many stays, I'd recommend this hotel but with reservations. It depends on your needs and how clean the room is when you get here.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank ashersophie
Florida
Reviewed November 10, 2009

I would give every aspect of my stay at the Carillon-Hilton a "5-STAR" rating!!!!! Exceptional attitudes of the hotel staff - front desk, restaurant, etc. My room was surprisingly very spacious, exceptionally clean and comfortable - the restaurant was excellent - as good a restaurant as I have eaten in any hotel - anywhere!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Florida
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I was married on October 10, 2009 and picked the Hilton at Carillon Park as the hotel for my out of town friends and family to stay. There was only one part of my preparations for my wedding that went 100% smooth and that was this hotel! My family and friends were all picked up at the airport by the Hilton shuttle and called on their cell phones as they arrived!! Every single staff member of that hotel was professional, courteous, and efficient. The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous! The fountains out front added elegance to my wedding pictures. My husband and I stayed at the hotel on our wedding night and we were treated like royalty. My friends and family were able to continue the party at the Luna restaurant in the hotel and that place is top notch! I fell in love with the Hilton of Carillon as soon as I was greeted at the reservation desk. John, Jeffrey, Wendy, and John G. are in a class of their own!! I LOVE THE HILTON OF CARILLON!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank lafek
USA
Reviewed November 3, 2009

With the National Audobon Society Meeting for 2009. Hotel is very beautiful. You pull up and see beautiful fountain to welcome you. Get into the lobby and front desk very friendly and accomodating with our needs. The restaurant, I believe is called Luna, and they serve a wonderful breakfast buffett. Did not eat there for lunch or dinner but other attendees said food was very good.

Room was very clean and big for a Hilton. I had a balcony facing the lake, Nature preserve. Lake had a boardwalk where you can see many different types of wildlife such as: alligators, turtles, herons. Almost seemed like this hotel was perfectly made for our type of meeting. Highly recommend hotel very beautiful and in a relaxing environment. Hope meeting is there next year; although I know its not but wishful thinking.

1 Thank UsaBirdwatcher
home
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I just got home from a business trip and started finding what looked to be bites all over my body. After 2 sleepless night which included constant itching, I went to my local urget care facility and to much suprise.....I have a terrible case of BED BUGS......GROSSS! Trust me, you do not want to bring this souvineir home to the family. Do not stay in room 315 unless you want to bring home some very unwelcome guests and have an itchy and scratchy show!!!!!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
CarolynAC, public relations manager at Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park, responded to this review, November 3, 2009
We at the Hilton Carillon Park St. Petersburg take guest satisfaction very seriously. Therefore we believe it to be of the utmost importance to respond to the recent posts regarding bed bugs.

The Hotel has an extensive inspection program in place to identify any potential issues. Working with a nationally recognized pest control company in the Hospitality industry, we have an in house inspection program where each quarter every room is thoroughly inspected. Headboards are removed, mattresses and box springs are removed and inspected, and virtually every corner of the room is surveyed. Housekeepers daily check for tell tale signs, including blood spots on the sheets.

If a guest suspects they were exposed to bed bugs, we immediately move that guest and place the room out of order for a professional inspection. This includes many of the above procedures mentioned as well as baseboard and carpet being pulled back and inspected.

In both the cases noted on Trip Advisor, the inspections verified that there was absolutely no evidence of Bed Bugs. These results are certified by the Pest control company to insure the room is absolutely pest free.

We will continue to respond to every issue in the same thorough manner, and continue the preventative activities we currently perform to ensure a safe and sanitary guest experience.
North Carolina
Reviewed October 27, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for the second time in October. After the 4th night I woke up with bites all over the back of my legs. These were bites like I have never experienced. Upon returning home, I went to Duke urgent care where the physician examined my bites an said they fit the pattern of bed bug bites. I notified the hotel that night. I was not contacted by the hotel after that. On Monday, I called the hotel and was told they had an inspection done of the room and found no bed bugs. I was referred to the hotel insurance company. When contacted the insurance company questioned me repeatedly about where I had been during my stay at the hotel. They were to send a release of information form to me so that I could submit a claim for my doctor's bill. It never came. I will never stay at this hotel again and I would certainly not recommend it to anyone.

1 Thank Nancy M