Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
$169
Marriott Hotels
The Inn on Third(St. Petersburg)(Great Value!)
$94
Hollander Hotel(St. Petersburg)
$109
Travelocity
1,167 results
All reviewsnature preservebusiness parkluna restaurantsmall lakenature walkoffice parkexecutive floorgreat hoteltampa airportthe concierge loungeclearwater beachbusiness travelfront desk stafftampa areatampa stwould highly recommend this hotelpool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 5, 2009

I was married on October 10, 2009 and picked the Hilton at Carillon Park as the hotel for my out of town friends and family to stay. There was only one part of my preparations for my wedding that went 100% smooth and that was this hotel! My family and friends were all picked up at the airport by the Hilton shuttle and called on their cell phones as they arrived!! Every single staff member of that hotel was professional, courteous, and efficient. The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous! The fountains out front added elegance to my wedding pictures. My husband and I stayed at the hotel on our wedding night and we were treated like royalty. My friends and family were able to continue the party at the Luna restaurant in the hotel and that place is top notch! I fell in love with the Hilton of Carillon as soon as I was greeted at the reservation desk. John, Jeffrey, Wendy, and John G. are in a class of their own!! I LOVE THE HILTON OF CARILLON!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank lafek
Reviewed November 3, 2009

With the National Audobon Society Meeting for 2009. Hotel is very beautiful. You pull up and see beautiful fountain to welcome you. Get into the lobby and front desk very friendly and accomodating with our needs. The restaurant, I believe is called Luna, and they serve a wonderful breakfast buffett. Did not eat there for lunch or dinner but other attendees said food was very good.

Room was very clean and big for a Hilton. I had a balcony facing the lake, Nature preserve. Lake had a boardwalk where you can see many different types of wildlife such as: alligators, turtles, herons. Almost seemed like this hotel was perfectly made for our type of meeting. Highly recommend hotel very beautiful and in a relaxing environment. Hope meeting is there next year; although I know its not but wishful thinking.

1  Thank UsaBirdwatcher
Reviewed November 1, 2009

I just got home from a business trip and started finding what looked to be bites all over my body. After 2 sleepless night which included constant itching, I went to my local urget care facility and to much suprise.....I have a terrible case of BED BUGS......GROSSS! Trust me, you do not want to bring this souvineir home to the family. Do not stay in room 315 unless you want to bring home some very unwelcome guests and have an itchy and scratchy show!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
CarolynAC, public relations manager at Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2009

We at the Hilton Carillon Park St. Petersburg take guest satisfaction very seriously. Therefore we believe it to be of the utmost importance to respond to the recent posts regarding bed bugs.

The Hotel has an extensive inspection program in place to identify any potential issues. Working with a nationally recognized pest control company in the Hospitality industry, we have an in house inspection program where each quarter every room is thoroughly inspected. Headboards are removed, mattresses and box springs are removed and inspected, and virtually every corner of the room is surveyed. Housekeepers daily check for tell tale signs, including blood spots on the sheets.

If a guest suspects they were exposed to bed bugs, we immediately move that guest and place the room out of order for a professional inspection. This includes many of the above procedures mentioned as well as baseboard and carpet being pulled back and inspected.

In both the cases noted on Trip Advisor, the inspections verified that there was absolutely no evidence of Bed Bugs. These results are certified by the Pest control company to insure the room is absolutely pest free.

We will continue to respond to every issue in the same thorough manner, and continue the preventative activities we currently perform to ensure a safe and sanitary guest experience.

Reviewed October 27, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for the second time in October. After the 4th night I woke up with bites all over the back of my legs. These were bites like I have never experienced. Upon returning home, I went to Duke urgent care where the physician examined my bites an said they fit the pattern of bed bug bites. I notified the hotel that night. I was not contacted by the hotel after that. On Monday, I called the hotel and was told they had an inspection done of the room and found no bed bugs. I was referred to the hotel insurance company. When contacted the insurance company questioned me repeatedly about where I had been during my stay at the hotel. They were to send a release of information form to me so that I could submit a claim for my doctor's bill. It never came. I will never stay at this hotel again and I would certainly not recommend it to anyone.

1  Thank Nancy M

Reviewed July 29, 2009

This is a terrific place to stay. Great property, inside and out. Well deserving of its number 1 rating on TripAdvisor.

We stayed here for several nights on a mini-vacation to the Tampa / St. Petersburg / Clearwater area. We were very glad we chose this hotel. The location is perfect - it is centrally located to any of the three cities, as well as both airports. Yes, you will have somewhat of a drive to get to the beaches, but you will be getting a MUCH nicer hotel, located in an attractive, safe, quiet area (with plenty of free parking). In my opinion, the trade off is well worth it. I would much rather stay here than at a noisy, overpriced beachfront hotel. For a relaxing leg-stretcher, be sure to take a walk around the lake/nature preserve behind the hotel. And to see some of the real beauty of the deep South, after making the obligatory visits to the crowded beaches and expensive theme parks, take a canoe trip on the nearby Hillsborough River, where you will paddle through canopies of cypress trees draped with Spanish moss, and see plenty of wildlife such as turtles, alligators, and birds. The hikes on Caladesi & Honeymoon Islands shouldn't be missed either.

But back to the hotel. Check-in and check-out was a breeze; the staff was very courteous and polite; business center is good. The rates we paid here were very reasonable, for what a great hotel it is. Highly recommend!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple