“Great Hotel”

Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park
Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I loved this hotel the staff were very friendly and helpful. They had great food at reasonable prices. They were close to several restaurants and only about 25-30 minutes from Clearwater Beach. They have a very nice walking path that goes around the backside of the property

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We very much enjoyed our short stay at this clean and attractive hotel. The front desk personnel were gracious and efficient, and assisted us, for example, with shuttle service in returning our rental car the night before our early morning flight the next day. The executive lounge was very pleasant for having a quick snack -- available at any time of day or night, I think -- and for taking care of small items such as printing boarding passes. It seems like it would be hard to go wrong here.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I would rather stay at the Hyatt. There is nothing to wow you at the Hilton. The carpet is stained, the elevators smelled at the Hilton and the restaurant food and service were inconsistent or nonexistant.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank Kathleen S
Reviewed May 10, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times and have left some negative reviews before. My most recent stay was not bad at all. My suits and suits case were held nicely and delivered to my room correctly before I checked-in just the way I asked them. They almost lost my stuff at the front desk a few years ago, so by comparing to the experience, I think that their service got better.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Great location....very convenient to the St. Pete airport and this Hilton does have EARLY shuttle service available. Offers easy access to the interstate so both NE St. Pete and Tampa are a short car ride away. Very nice walking area around the lake......also many restaurants are nearby. The bar and restaurant within the hotel have both ambiance and great food!! I stay overnight here whenever I fly out of St. Pete airport.

Room Tip: The executive level is always a nice upgrade.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank slittle10
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We were looking forward to staying at this hotel as we were in St Petersburg overnight. The good points, a very clean large business hotel, we were pleased to be checked in early at 1200 which was some 3 hours before stated check in time. Room was lovely clean and fresh and view over lake was great. Walk way round lake was very enjoyable.
The bad points for us were, on check in we were told executive lounge was open all day for snacks and drinks. On entry we found a dark uninviting room with potato chips and stewed coffee. I do add the following day breakfast was very good with staff present and lights on. Our biggest complaint was this is a very large hotel with and a large pool area but there was only 7 sun beds. On asking at desk. I was told they would check with maintenance and bring some more beds out if they had any. Now bearing in mind review after review mentions the "Excellent Customer service". I would have expected a call to be made while I was there at the desk or for a staff member to come to pool area to update me. Also there was crockery outside rooms on our floor for the whole duration of our stay. We didn't feel the same level of customer service as others.
On arrival at the hotel Chris was professional but perhaps lacked the sincerity we have experienced at other Hiltons. He checked us out the next day and apart for saying 'you are good to go' there was no other conversation or appreciation that we choose this hotel....For us.. not in the same league as other Hilton Hotels we have stayed at.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank 4GG60
Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel is located on a small lake that is surrounded by a boardwalk walking path. It is a nice bonus. The Hotel and staff were superb. The rooms were clean and well furnished. I would highly recommend this hotel and will be staying here again myself.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple