I recently stayed at this Hilton and was of course impressed with the classy lobby, beautiful restaurant with great food. The staff were generally very polite and attentive to everything. The room was "clean" and the housekeeping staff were very thorough. Several people have already commented on the desirability of a view of the lake - I would second those comments. HOWEVER - I found out that the CORNER ROOMS are very prone to cockroaches. I was there for two nights, three days. On my first night while working at the desk, a cockroach about the size of silver dollar was scurrying across the floor. Being the city boy I am - I jumped to high heaven. Eventually collected myself and smashed the little critter. When I called the front desk to complain, the response was quite flippant and it really annoyed me. "This is south Florida you know" was what he said. EXCUSE ME??? So because I'm in south Florida I'm supposed to be okay with a cockroach in my room? If I were by the pool - ok. In the lobby - maybe. Heck - even on my balcony...but in my room? On the 6th floor???
He did say I could change rooms if I'd like but I was pretty settled and he even said that every now and then one gets in from outside so I chalked it up to being an anomaly and stayed. Nothing else seen the rest of the night or the second the night.
The morning of my third day, as I was brushing my teeth right over the bathroom sink, what scurries out of the little drain hole right below my chin? You guessed it...another huge cockroach! After disposing quickly of this one I let the front desk person know and they laughed it off. I asked about some sort of compensation and they said "maybe" a free night or points. I said points would be great...and you know what...NOTHING. No follow up, no points, no nothing. So - while I will have to return to the area some time in May - I will be much more judicious in my room selection. Highest floor possible and NOT on the corner with a balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Carillon Nature Reserve, the Hilton St. Petersburg Carillon Park offers guests comfortable accommodations for your business or leisure stay. Unwind in our heated outdoor infinity pool or state-of-the-art fitness center. Our over 20,000 square feet of flexible meeting space is ideal for your next business meeting, wedding, or corporate event. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Saint Petersburg Carillon Park Hotel St. Petersburg
- Hilton St Petersburg
- Hilton Hotel St Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Hilton