“Casual Chic Tree House”

Three Birds Tavern
Ranked #94 of 935 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Three Birds Tavern is located in a 150 year old farm house, one of the oldest buildings in St. Petersburg, with a small, quaint, indoor dining room, a large wrap-around porch under century oaks and two sprawling patios. Made with care and love from our scratch kitchen, we offer European pub classics, such as Scotch eggs, fish and fries and shepherd's pies, along with traditional American comfort food with a modern twist: burgers, fresh-cut fries, wings, ribs, sliders, soup, bread pudding, pork chops, chicken and waffles. You will also find modern food such as shishito peppers, pork belly, Wagyu hot dogs, and made-in-house sauces and dressings. We are home of Out of the Weeds, a line of gourmet dressings offered in hundreds of retail outlets throughout the southeast. Now offering brunch every Saturday and Sunday from 10 am until 3 pm. Family friendly, dog friendly, large group friendly.
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Simple and sprawling, this outdoor deck encased spot is a cross between a dive and a great tree house.We loved the location nestled among trees yet in the vicinity of downtown. Lots of beer drinkers in the bar area on a Friday night but the far side of the deck was quiet and perfectly lit for an romantic, but casual, outdoor dinner.. Short rib egg roll appetizer was delicious! We followed with a tasty salad and split a calorie-busting grilled cheese with frites. Bistro food is good and filling - not fancy, but a far cut above average.

ThreeBirdsTavern, Owner at Three Birds Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Thank you for visiting, and thank you for taking the time to write. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 26, 2012

We found this place by accident and since the porch looked crowded decided it might be a good place to eat. We actually went the next night and we were not disappointed. Our waiter was great and after a discussion about beer and my new drink not to be found most places, Irish Cider, he asked if he could decide what I drink. He told me about the sampler, which consisted of 4 different small glasses and might just equal one regular sized beer. I agreed, and his choices were tops! He had chosen 2 ciders and 2 beers, and I enjoyed them all. The menu was unique, and my husband ordered the short rib egg rolls as an appetizer which were out of this world. I actually had the short ribs for my main dish, and he had the lamb burger. We both enjoyed our meal immensely. I loved eating out on the porch, especially since I was able to view a street full of trees, something that seems to be lacking in the areas I've seen in Florida and it reminded me of the North. If I have the chance to visit the area again, I would definitely have another meal here.

1  Thank cherylpd1
ThreeBirdsTavern, Owner at Three Birds Tavern, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2012

Thank you for visiting, and thank you for taking the time to write about us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

Menu has great selection of a large variety of dishes which only seem to taste better when eaten on the massive outdoor patio!

Reviewed May 2, 2012

The Irish Car Bombs and all the draft beer. Go there once maybe twice and dan will know what your drink is

Reviewed April 25, 2012

They have a covered porch so it was a great place to be in the rain but we went back again because the food was so good. Also had a great bloody mary!