“Good chinese buffet”

Teppanyaki Grill and Supreme Buffet
Ranked #537 of 931 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: Asian, Chinese
Reviewed June 12, 2014

This is not a Japanese buffet but a chinese buffet with sushi and a hibachi grill. It is still a good buffet though and the place is huge. I went for lunch and their selection was pretty good. In addition to the usual chinese buffet staples they had chicken curry. I love chicken curry but theirs was not as spicy as I would like. But they had sriracha sauce available to fix that so I was a happy camper. They also had whole mackerel on their hibachi grill so now I am esctatic. Their fresh fruit selection was pretty good. They had fresh strawberries and mango. When have you ever seen fresh mango served at a chinese buffet? If you need to take a siesta after stuffing yourself silly head over to nearby St Petes beach and flop on the sand like a beached whale.

Reviewed May 30, 2014

Clean, roomy, good service, good selection, large sushi station, build your own stir fry station, usual desserts. good value overall.

1  Thank chef2235
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I normally don't make a list of the things wrong with a dining experience. But this was one of my worse meals out ever! (I am 62, travel and dine frequently all over the country and am ashamed to find this in my home city.) At the Easter Dinner table, the conversation shifted to one of my quests who had also eaten here recently. Their experience was worse than mine!
1. Smell Bad Inside. Can't place the odor, but they have some sort of venenaltion problem that needs to be fixed.
2. Terrible neighborhood. Lock your car and put you valuables in the trunk. Dodge the riff raff that walks the streets.
3. Be ready to hike to your seat. This place is huge and the "hostess" takes you on a literal trek to the seat farthest away. There are so many empty seats, they spread you out to make it look busy.
4. The AC doesn't work properly. I've been here twice because it's close to my sons school and I like to pick things out of a Chinese buffet that can be good. BOTH TIMES, I didn't finish my meal and had to leave because it was so HOT INSIDE.
5. The price is right, but the food leaves ALOT to be desired. Lowest cost way's are used to present the food, and it's left for long stretches in the buffet table. The Frogs Legs were pretty good because I caught a new batch as it camp out. No flavor, but not oversteamed yet.
6. SERVICE issues. Employees hovering near the front counter make you uncomfortable coming in and leaving. Not many smiles from the people that work here.
WORST WAS THE SMELL AND HEAT, THEN THE FOOD AND SERVICE.
Someone obviously spent a lot to decorate and outfit this place. It is new.
MY ADVISE, get a good ventilation system, upgrade or USE your AC. Raise you prices so that you can offer decent food and become more of a higher quality dining experience if you are going to be in the buffet business. Go to the "Crazy Buffet" in Tampa to see what I mean.

2  Thank sokemike
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Pro's and Con's

Pro. As you can see the pic's this place has A very nice ambience, comfortable, spacious, and is clean.

Choices of food are in abundance.

Service was good, plates were cleared promptly.

Con's.
We found the flavor on almost all the dishes rather bland in taste.

Temperature of food was not warm enough on many of the dishes.

Also way too many choices for the number of customers, and the food was setting too long and not staying fresh.

Our first and probably last visit here. We by far prefer the Hibachi Grill And buffet on Park boulevard and 49th St. which we have been to many many times.

1  Thank eatwhere
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Another reviewer stated that “The clams and mussels did me in.” I wish I had read that review before I dined there on February 11. This is a very large restaurant with a dozen or so buffet tables featuring an enormous variety of foods – hot and cold. We arrived shortly after the restaurant opened for dinner when there were only a few other patrons there. Our party of 5 “grazed” among the many selections. The food was tasty but not exceptional. The price was very reasonable. Although some in my party chose the same items, I was the only one who suffered consequences from my selections, which included mussels and clams – also sushi. I do not know exactly which selection did me in, but late the next morning I experienced a gastro-intestinal disaster with vomiting, diarrhea, and the most painful abdominal cramps I have ever had. I called my doctor to report my distress and was advised to go to a hospital emergency room. Blood tests and an abdominal CT-Scan at the hospital indicated severe intestinal inflammation from a bacterial infection. I was administered morphine for the incredibly severe pain. I was put on a regimen of antibiotics and abdominal spasm medication for the next ten days. The exact cause of my illness was not determined, so I cannot state for a fact that it came from food at this restaurant, but the timing following my dinner the evening before, and another report of similar distress from another reviewer of this restaurant certainly point the finger of suspicion in that direction. My advice is to dine there at your own risk. I will not be returning.

2  Thank ukeguy727