“We're going Here!”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is what my husband emailed to me the night before. I had no idea what this place was and when we arrived and walked in Mazzaro's only after being greeted with a sample of their pork roulade with peppers, cheeses and meat from their grill outside, the angels sang and a nice warm feeling of happiness came over me.
Where do I begin? The large variety of olives, the cheese room, the wine tastings, fresh coffee, meats, seafood, deli, handmade pasta? This place was so much more. Mazzaro's is a fabulous authentic Italian market. It is crowded but prepare to taste exquisite cheeses, olives, sandwiches, panini, and wines. Take the time to sit on the patio with a fabulous sandwich and get a couple of sides. Loved the artichoke, red bean, and olive salad. Did I mention the bakery? You could do your shopping for the week. What a gem. Mazzaro's is fabulous. Will be returning soon. I'm almost out of olives.

2  Thank rufus45
Write a ReviewReviews (2,554)

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wow. You have to see this place to believe it. Deli, bakery, fresh pasta, groceries. We love the Pittsburg Pileup Sandwich from the Deli. Feeds 2 easy.

1  Thank Zihuatlover
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Mazzaro is simply the best market in all of Tampa Bay if not the state of Florida. We're local and go to Mazzaro whenever possible. Everything is just amazing, and I mean everything. The selection is vast, from the butcher shop to the deli counter and fresh pasta or the fresh bread and desserts or the wine and cheese room. We shop here for every dinner party and afternoon with friends. Once a month we stock our freezer with the pre-made dishes and pizzas, a simple way to enjoy a great meal at home with no effort at all. All of that and a great place to stop for lunch too.
Believe me, it's worth the drive from where ever you may be in the state !!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Wonderful complete deli with everything your heart desires. Get there before noon to get better service on sandwiches and deli items. Eat on the Patio, parking can be a problem. Enjoy!!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

I grew up in Brooklyn, NY where you had to visit the pork store(what we called the place you bought your meats at), the pastry shop and the bakery shop, 3 different establishments, to do all your shopping on Sundays. Here in St. Petersberg though is a great place that someone had the smarts to put all under the same roof! Mazzaro's Market is GREAT. We stumbled across it, looking for a place for lunch one day, not knowing what to expect. When we walked inside, we were pleasantly surprised. This place reminded us all of home. The fresh meats and cheeses, the pastries and cakes, and the freshly baked breads. This place has it ALL! Whatever you are looking for, Mazzaro's will have it. And if you are Italian, you'll probably like it a little bit more! The photos on the walls resemble the one's you probably had on the walls of your house growing up(yup, those old black and white one's).

I don't know what else I can say, that hasn't been said already by others, BUT, this place IS great and will make you happy you came.

Also, make sure you try the FREE fresh mozzarella sample in the back room where the wine and cheese is. It is perfectly salted and magnificent. You probably will not leave without buying a chunk after that too! You can thank me later :-)

1  Thank OutInTheStreet