“Really Italy feel in St. Pete”

Mazzaro's Italian Market
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
St. Petersburg, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really Italy feel in St. Pete”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

As you walk through the doors of Mazzaro you are literally sweept up into the streets of Rome. Everytime I miss Italy I go there for a bittersweet reminder. Things to try-Gelato is AWESOME! The Bakery has the most DELICOUS Tiramiso and Coconut Cream Pie. Prepared foods are good. the wine room is divine.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Zuleika75

• Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
“The most amazing selection of all things Italian!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

When my friend insisted we stop at her favorite Italian deli in Florida I thought she must have sunstroke. I mean come on, we're from Chicago and what could beat Taylor Street? After our visit it's clear that Mazzaro's is in a category of it's own! I never even saw a shop with this huge of a selection in Italy!
You enter into the butcher shop and the next room is wine/cheese and where I found an excellent pecorino with peppercorns which I can't seem to find here at home. The largest section of this massive store is the deli/grocery section, with people 3 deep ordering sandwiches. Surprisingly it only took about 15 minutes for our sandwich to be ready and 3 of us split the sandwich which was very good. There's a lively covered patio where you can enjoy your meal and then it's back inside to explore. Handmade pizzas to bake at home and homemade pastas and sauces are just a few things available. I swear I gained a pound just walking past the pastries and managed to ignore that cannoli cake that was calling out to me. You could wander here for hours and still not see everything they have to offer. A definite stop next visit!

1 Thank JustLale
Columbia, Maryland
“An experience you will remember forever”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

This Italian Emporium is located in an unlikely industrial location. We got there about 2PM on a Wednesday afternoon. The very large parking lot was full. We had to cruise up and down rows of cars looking for a space. The main entrance is off the main road in the back of the place.

Inside you will find a lively, crowded Italian store. Wine, cheese, expresso, panini, sandwiches, flatbread, anitpasto, salads, cold cuts, entrees, kitchen implements, pasta, pasta, pasta, olive oil, spices, breads, baked goods, meat, fish, fruits, vegetables.

Take a number, order your food, wait 10-15 minutes, explore, listen for your number, pick up your order, take it outside to the noisy patio, pay at the register, find an empty table and sit down to the best Italian in North America. It will be an experience that you will remember forever.

2 Thank hankski
Portland, Oregon
“Wow, I even bought the t-shirt!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This is a must see in St. Petersburg, FL.

It included not only the best and most complete selection of Italian & European foods I have seen outside of Europe, but also an inexpensive and excellent deli & coffee bar!

Wow... loved it!

1 Thank Anthony T
“can I hide in the back when they close?”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I want to stay there for a few days. That way I can experience everything I want to in this fabulous place. I think they should open up some rooms! I could have breakfast, lunch and dinner and then go shopping for food to take home.

1 Thank NANCY M