“Excellent! Will be back soon!”
Review of Jacks London Grill

Jacks London Grill
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Small family run British restaurant with good quality home made meals. Specializing in Fish n' chips and other British classics.
Clearwater, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent! Will be back soon!”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

This was my first visit. The Scotch Eggs are great, as is the Steak and Ale Pie. The desserts are also fabulous! We had the Apple Crumble and the Crème Brulee. We were warmly received and the service and food were both excellent. Can't wait to go back!!

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Hghly Recommend!!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

My husband and I have been to Jack's at least 6 times and have tried different items from the menu because they are a change from the usual fare that is offered. Tonight I tried the Farm House Garden Sandwich w/homemade potato chips, it was packed full of flavor and toasted just right. I would highly suggest this sandwich to everyone. My husband had the Fish & Chips which seems to have become a favorite of his. Give Jack's a try and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

“Proper British Food!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I came hoping to find a pub that would be close to real British food. What we got here was so far beyond what we expected. This is a proper pub. We couldn't have been more pleased with Jack's. The food was so great and true to the way it should be made. She had the Shepard's Pie and it was actually made with real lamb, the way it should be!! No cottage pie here! I had the Fish and Chips and that was pretty much the best I have ever had. The house made tartar sauce tide the dish together. I was putting it on everything. Spotted Dick for dessert, SO GOOD! All this and the prices are amazing for the amount and quality you are getting! Peter and Ryan took the time to talk with us and really showed great hospitality. Stop thinking about it and go right now, you will NOT be disappointed!

Clearwater, Florida, United States
“Excellent British Fare”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Being an expat, we like to visit all the British Restaurants in the Tampa Bay area, for comparism. Considering Jacks has been opened only a couple of months I was more that happy with Food, service and the friendly welcome for Peter (owner/chef). Everything I had was excellent, Scotch Eggs best I have had in the Bay Area, Cottage Pie, was very tasty and made with Lamb and Beef unlike most place who use just beef. and the Creme Brulee was to die for.

Peter has lots of ideas for increasing menu, building a patio, getting in Trivial Pursuit, all in good time. Look forward to what the future hods for Jacks London Grill. I for one will be visiting regularly.

St. Petersburg, Florida
“Excellent British pub this side of the pond!”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

This was our third visit. We shared the Covent Garden pizza and large salad. The pizza is a thick crust that was crispy and not heavy. The ingredients were fresh and perfectly made. The large salad is made for two. The dressing was light and a good flavor that let the flavor of the greens come through. We have had the traditional British dishes and have not been disappointed. The prices are great and the portions the right size. We will continue to return and try all the menu items. And don't forget the Guiness perfectly drawn. Thank you and hope to see you there.