“Service very good but Food was Average”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #152 of 916 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Fort Myers, Florida
“Service very good but Food was Average”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Had to make a trip to St.Petersburg. So saw this Outback on the way, so decided to stop for lunch.
Was seated promptly and waiter came to our table right off.
Service was very good. My wife had there new steak special which was their first day serving it.
You get 2 small steaks on a potato pancake with special sauces and a vegetable.
She said one of them was very tasty and good but 2nd one was full of fat and barely eatable.
My lunch was ok.

• Visited May 2013

Brighton, United Kingdom
“Delicious food, Great Service....”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Had a lovely meal here, prices are so reasonable, especially compared to England! The steak was so good and only $14 which is so cheap, steaks here are so expensive! Shout out to our waiter Kevin, he was an amazing and such a friendly guy! The break was delicious and so was the salad you get with it!
When I come back to the US, I will definately be visiting Outback again!

• Visited March 2013
florida
“Nothing special”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Stopped for lunch and didn't feel like having steak so ordered a hamburger (medium done). It was raw inside and I sent it back. Manager was very nice and even offered others a dessert because they were finished eating and my burger was still cooking. Second time around and it was still a little red inside (not as bad) but if you don't want a raw burger...order well-done. Soup and salad was good. Guess I should have ordered a steak.

• Visited March 2013
St. Petersburg, Florida
“Very good service”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This Outback was better than the last one I was in years ago. Everything was delicious and our server was so friendly.

Visited September 2012
st pete
“If I had a choice....”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

....I'd never go back. My recent trip to Outback was certainly not my first. I've been there for parties and anniversaries and always left there scratching my head and wondering what the big deal was with going to Outback. It hasn't changed. It's an overhyped restaurant with overpriced food. On this particular night, it got worse. My medium rib-eye steak came to the table so overcooked that it was like leather. I should have taken my wife's advice and just eaten it but it was ridiculous. Our server, of course, was very apologetic and told me that she'd have another out in no time. Unfortunately it was a busy Friday night and nothing happens in "no time". My wife sat patiently not wanting to eat without me and her food got cold as well. The shining star to this story was the manager. When she found out what happened she immediately came to our table, apologized and offered us the meals for free. We had been there over an hour and she seemed genuinely sorry. I am giving an "average" rating only because of the server and manager. Again, the food was only average. I believe my rib-eye was the 12 oz. It was tastless, tough, and paper-thin. Sure, the bread was good, the salad was fine, and the baked potato was OK. How do you really screw those things up? This is a steakhouse. The steaks should be worth talking about. It's not, and has never been here.

• Visited December 2012