“Somehow Harvey's always gets it right . We have not had a bad meal, nor bad service”

Harvey's 4th Street Grill
Ranked #37 of 935 Restaurants in St. Petersburg
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Somehow Harvey's always gets it right. We have NEVER had a bad meal, nor bad service. To me that means that I can go to Harvey's any day of the week and expect the best. The menu is Florida-casual with exceptional grouper, burgers, and more

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Have eaten here a few times. The steak is excellent and reasonably priced. The service is good and the staff is friendly.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Somehow Harvey's always gets it right. We have been eating here since our baby was born - and she is now 25+ years old. We have NEVER had a bad meal, nor bad service. To me that means that I can go to Harvey's any day of the week and expect the best. The menu is Florida-casual with exceptional grouper, burgers, and lots of variety. I especially like the Florida Gold sandwich (avocado, tomatoes, sprouts, cheese, grilled!), and the walnut chicken salad croissant. It is our go-to place for grouper sandwiches (blackened, grilled... or my fave: fried). Potato skins, broccoli bites, loaded fries, nachos, onion rings - all great sides / appetizers. The Sunday brunch (and the smaller breakfast offering on Saturday) is very good. I love the eggs benedict. The pancakes are awesome. The omelets are huge. (But my husband doesn't care for the coffee - so we always have to go to Starbucks after.) The iced tea is always exceptional, and I can't say that about other places I go. Service is always quick and friendly. There is often a line outside, but it moves quickly. If you want to eat where the locals do... and where we have been eating for (yikes!) a quarter of a century - go to Harvey's 4th Street.

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We have been going to Harvey's since the late 80s, actually drove from Tampa to enjoy the "Cheers" like atmosphere. The reviews that say nothing exceptional, no sure what they have experienced but Harvey's is exceptional as this place has been consistant with each visit. I can honestly say I have been there over 100 times and have neve had a bad experience. From the fried veggies to the tenderloin sandwich, at prices that are affordable, I love the place and so does everyone I recommend to go there. Please don't let the out of towners sway your decision to visit. Many of the servers have been there for years which also says something for the place. Not many restaurant chains keep their staff very long. LOVE THE PLACE!

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We went here based on the reviews. The food was mediocre. Also, there was a server station for dirty dishes in the middle of the dining area, which was distracting. The waitress didn't look like she wanted to be working - her smile was certainly insincere. The beer (Stella) was awful - maybe a bad tap line? The only bright spot appeared to be the bar area, and I would return only for that reason (though skip the Stella).