“BEST GROUPER EVER”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed May 6, 2013

the title tells it all...so moist, so flavorful....YUM. I live in CA and whne traveling to FL, I get grouper whenever I can. This was the best I had on my 4 day taste experience thru the state. Loved it so much, I went back 2 night in a row.....

Reviewed May 1, 2013

After two visits to this establishment I am less than impressed with the food quality or service.
This place is the culinary equivalent of a fast food restaurant that offers seafood. The raw oysters were no bigger than bay scallops and had little to offer in terms of flavour. Ditto for the shrimps which might have come straight from a frozen bag at the local supermarket. Add on a generic cole slaw and some limp fries and one has a meal that taps out at close to $18 per person after tax. Hardly worth the 15 minute bus ride from downtown.

2  Thank JedLeonard1007
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My cousin who is a local recommended our stop here after visiting the Dali Museum. It was a winner! I had the Island Shrimp Salad with walnuts and raisins--it was delicious and plentiful. My cousin pronounced her scallops as sweet and yummy. My aunt also enjoyed her basa fish. The sangria was also very tasty!

Nice casual place, certainly not a dive by my definition, with great service and wonderful food.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Nothing fancy, great beach/seafood atmosphere...BUT always great food! Lunch specials, and early bird specials at the best prices in town. The servers stay there...which says something about management. Snow birds flock back to go there every winter. I like the shrimp marinara, (love the Alfredo too, less calories in marinara)!
My husband is stuck on the creamy clam chowder, which is actually served in a coffee cup, unless you get the bowl.
Try the Salmon Veracruz, carmelized peppers and onions flavor the top, served over seasoned rice, GREAT VALUE for the size. Oh, and a garlic bun top to die for!
The entire menu makes up your placemat. When I was teaching ESL in Poland, I took a pile back to use as a teaching aid for ordering, BUT also for the fun slang 4th street uses to name some of their dishes. And yes, there is wine and bar drinks to finish the palate, along with a slice of key lime pie, amongst other desserts. Try it, you'll like it.
PS: Daily specs, shrimp on Wednesdays! Check out the website!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

My husband had to have his fried clam fix, so we stopped for lunch. Everything is freshly made and always good. Nothing fancy just some good seafood in a casual setting. Service is always prompt and good.