“Great Place to Eat”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We had the Smoked Fish Spread, Basa Fish and the Shrimp. All were delicious! The fish was mild and cooked just right. The Smoked Fish Spread was really tasty. It was well seasoned and not fishy at all. I loved the decor. It was a nice day so all the doors were open to let in a nice breeze.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Food is good, staff is good, price is a bit inflated. Go for the specials (like Tues. all you can eat crab) for the best values. Kids meal is one of the best you will find anywhere, bar none

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Visited before a baseball game and only needed a bit to eat. The happy hour 2 for 1 was more than enough. We enjoyed the smoked fish and 1/2 pound shrimp. This place is a winner. It was crowded so keep that in mind.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've been going to 4th St. for over a decade and have enjoyed every meal I've ever had there. The fish sandwiches are the best! They're fresh and and served just the way you want them. Try broiled with a toasted bun, mmmm. This last visit was the first time I had the clam chowder, I can't believe I've been missing that stuff for all these years! GREAT soup!

The restaurant has a quaint decor that's nice, too. Enough to look at while you wait just a few minutes for your food to arrive.

I'll be back again and again.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We came to the Fourth Street Shrimp Store at 9pm on a weeknight, not realizing they close at 9:30. However, the hostess and server never made us feel like we needed to hurry and get out of their way (even though we inadvertently seated ourselves right next to the table where all of the other servers who were done for the night were doing their preps for the next day!) Our server, who was friendly and attentive, even asked us if we wanted more drinks after we finished our meal, even though we could see chairs being stacked across the room.

As for the food, the smoked fish spread was amazing, and was our favorite item of the night. Hubby ordered shrimp scampi and I got u-peel-em style shrimp...both were fresh and tasty. I would have preferred some seafood seasoning on my steamed shrimp (I'm partial to Old Bay), but they didn't seem to have any type of spicing. Cocktail sauce added the needed kick.

The decor is simple and meals are served on paper products, but if you are looking for fresh seafood in a casual atmosphere, this place fits the bill.